found a nice old peice of kit in a dumpster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Was wondering what use something like this would have had [have] relating to comm equipment ? Must have been high tech back in the day, I would guess mid 60's to early 70s vintage, looks like it was never used. IMG_5566.jpg

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Nice find/save! If we were at a local amateur radio swap I would give you $5 or $10 for it, just because it looks new in box. I have other equipment that's better, but I would buy it and use it with the club comms trailer when we give tours. Who doesn't like seeing something move because of invisible energy? Hands on show and tell goes over well. Anyways, that would be used for HF transmitters.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Those were quite common back in the late 60's early 70's for testing CB antennas.
Field strength testing was a good way to check the antenna pattern and make sure it was radiating properly.

Good find, looks brand new.

Xray

A few in ebay sold listings, they average $20 or so, some a bit more - Glad I saved it from a landfill.

W5lz

I wont say how long ago, but those things were more or less the standard accessory for hams {and others}. Best things in the world? Uh, not quite, but they did what they were supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.