found a possible mistake in the DEB on Sentinel, how do i report it

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, was prusing the database on the sentinel software i got with my new scanner and i`ve found what appears to be a mistake in the DB. Info follows.

System name, stanly correctional institution (DOC stanly CI)
the sentinel DB has it listed as conventional, the system is actually a Motorola type 2 trunked system (per the programming in my scanner taken directly from the RR DB on the site). How do i let someone know of this error so it can be resolved mabey at the next DB update? Thanx! N9NRA

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hey all, was prusing the database on the sentinel software i got with my new scanner and i`ve found what appears to be a mistake in the DB. Info follows.

the sentinel DB has it listed as conventional, the system is actually a Motorola type 2 trunked system (per the programming in my scanner taken directly from the RR DB on the site). How do i let someone know of this error so it can be resolved mabey at the next DB update? Thanx! N9NRA

The menu bar near the top of the page has a "submit info" button for that.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I see two entries for Stanley Correctional Institute. Both of them are in the DB on RR and in Sentinel.
There appears to be a statewide conventional frequency used by all prisons in Wisconsin (under statewide);
Department of Corrections Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Then there is a trunked system under Chippewa County;
Wisconsin Dept of Corrections - Stanley Correctional Institution Trunking System, Stanley, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

Okay groovy :). Thanx for the info, i`ll have another look. Appreicate your help! N9NRA

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

That Type 2 system is not in the Sentinel database because it has no associated talkgroups. That's come up before. Apparently, those are omitted unless and until one or more talkgroups are submitted and entered in the database,I'd rather see them entered, giving the user to load the system, and set it to ID Search to look for talkgroups, which could then be submitted, but that's not current policy.

The conventional frequency is from the DOC listings.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I see two entries for Stanley Correctional Institute. Both of them are in the DB on RR and in Sentinel.
There appears to be a statewide conventional frequency used by all prisons in Wisconsin (under statewide);
Department of Corrections Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Then there is a trunked system under Chippewa County;
Wisconsin Dept of Corrections - Stanley Correctional Institution Trunking System, Stanley, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies
That 'Stanley' system is the one that has no talkgroups, so it does not appear in Sentinel.

There is another DOC system in Chippewa County, which does show in the Sentinel data:
Wisconsin Dept of Corrections - Chippewa Valley Correctional Treatment Facility Trunking System, Madison, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah, I missed that. I did not see the trunked system in Sentinel; I only saw the conventional freq in both places. Steve is correct - systems without talk groups are not exported. Please submit one. Another thing you can't do is put a DB system into search mode, it has to be in a favorites list.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I missed that. I did not see the trunked system in Sentinel; I only saw the conventional freq in both places. Steve is correct - systems without talk groups are not exported. Please submit one. Another thing you can't do is put a DB system into search mode, it has to be in a favorites list.

That`s cool, i can do the Stanly one by hand, not all that hard to do (only a few freqs and only four TG`s). Thanx for the help :). N9NRA

sfd119

That`s cool, i can do the Stanly one by hand, not all that hard to do (only a few freqs and only four TG`s). Thanx for the help :). N9NRA

If you know the TGs & Freqs, submit them to the Database so it gets populated and other HP users will get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.