Found a website with sdsX00 in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Most sites have them in stock...

HRO, Scanner Master, Bearcat warehouse, etc. have them.

Prycer

Premium Subscriber
Most sites have them in stock...

HRO, Scanner Master, Bearcat warehouse, etc. have them.
is there a better place to purchase? I read somewhere on RR that HRO doesn't sell through their scanner stock as frequently as some of the others, does this make a big difference?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
is there a better place to purchase? I read somewhere on RR that HRO doesn't sell through their scanner stock as frequently as some of the others, does this make a big difference?
While you may want a fairly "young" scanner (one recently manufactured recently as opposed to months ago) so that it likely would have had any recent changes that might have been made to deal with a past issue (such as the SDS 200 'hummers'), I haven't seen any indication that HRO, or anyone else, has been slow to move out old stock. While HRO's focus is, of course, on the amateur radio community, they do sell scanners. They may not be recognized as a high volume retailer compared to ScannerMaster or Bearcat Warehouse, but if you occasionally look at the scanners on their site, locations go in and out of stick regularly on specific models. If a store was showing no stock a week or more ago, but now is in stock, that would almost certainly be with 'newer' units, not one that's been gathering dust back in the stockroom. Since all the various sources have been out of stock one or more times on both the SDS100 and SDS200 in the past few months, anything for sale now (new, unopened units as opposed to refurbs or "open stock" from customer returns) should be recent production models.

Prycer

Premium Subscriber
While you may want a fairly "young" scanner (one recently manufactured recently as opposed to months ago) so that it likely would have had any recent changes that might have been made to deal with a past issue (such as the SDS 200 'hummers'), I haven't seen any indication that HRO, or anyone else, has been slow to move out old stock. While HRO's focus is, of course, on the amateur radio community, they do sell scanners. They may not be recognized as a high volume retailer compared to ScannerMaster or Bearcat Warehouse, but if you occasionally look at the scanners on their site, locations go in and out of stick regularly on specific models. If a store was showing no stock a week or more ago, but now is in stock, that would almost certainly be with 'newer' units, not one that's been gathering dust back in the stockroom. Since all the various sources have been out of stock one or more times on both the SDS100 and SDS200 in the past few months, anything for sale now (new, unopened units as opposed to refurbs or "open stock" from customer returns) should be recent production models.
Thanks- so I should hop on one in the OP link? It's a trusted retailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.