Found another TRS system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
QTH: Montgomery County, MD / Washington, DC
I found another TRS system. Its keep changing Id's on me; I am clueless on why and what type of system it is?

460.1625 - Receiving it loud and clear @90% here in Rockville.

96:LSY170 90%
96:T0107 90%
96:BEE00 90% (repeats itsself)

Joseph11

It's the West Virginia Interoperability Radio System (site 107). Type is P25.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm, some skip perhaps? It's very unlikely a UHF signal would normally make the trip between West Virginia and Montgomery county, Maryland - just too far! Good catch if so.

73s Mike

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
QTH: Montgomery County, MD / Washington, DC
I have to agree with Mike about the skipping. I just programmed the West Virginia Interoperability Radio System into my scanner and barely receiving the alternate control channel, but good enough to receive a talkgroup “000-02”……I just have to wait till tomorrow when I stop receiving the signal to confirm if this. Unless! its a magic mountain that has a good cover area.

JESSERABBIT

As a test, you might want to try to program 145.875 on FM. It is the Jefferson County, WV Sheriff's Office broadcasting west of Charles Town. I get as far as Frederick, Md and Leesburg, VA while mobile. If you can get it, is probably not skip and will give you a range of your capabilities. Hope this helps.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Why would a Sheriff's office be broadcasting in the middle of the 2m ham satellite band?? Unless you meant 154.875, which would put it on the edge of the VHF business band? (not that it would matter....)

Skip on a VHF freq is much more common than it is on UHF. So while it would be a decent test of your VHF receive capabiities, it doesn't say anything about UHF.

73s Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.