Found new channels in Wayne county

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamAlborn

I found a couple of frequencies in Ontario Wayne county. The frequencies are 151.1675 and 155.235. The channels come in weak in my area and hard to tell who it is. Also what is wqok260? They are listed for Wayne but what do they do and what is their primary channel1? These channels come in weak also. I think they are still working on the problem. Also how many channels does Wayne have? Thanks for the help. Bill

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I found in the license area that 151.1675 is used for ems,police and fire and 155.235 is Wayne central school buses.

Last edited:

WilliamAlborn

I wasn't trying to argue. On my particular scanner uniden it just sounds better on frequency 155.230 than it does on frequency 155.235. That's all. Hopefully when they come out with newer uniden scanners it should be fixed. Mine is uniden 330 tone out scanner.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I wasn't trying to argue. On my particular scanner uniden it just sounds better on frequency 155.230 than it does on frequency 155.235. That's all. Hopefully when they come out with newer uniden scanners it should be fixed. Mine is uniden 330 tone out scanner.

That's all fine and well, but please don't make a statement like "The correct bus garage frequency is 155.220" when it's not accurate. Especially if you meant to say 155.230 not .220, and you really meant that it just "sounds better" on your scanner.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people read these posts and they don't always read everything carefully. Next thing we know, we get a submission stating "Wayne County buses are on 155.220", which is how bad data makes its way into the database. ;)

WilliamAlborn

When weather conditions are just right my scanner can pick up out of county and local stations at good distances and thanks to your help I believe that is what happened. Thanks for the help. Now that summer is almost here I can probably find more stations. I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.