Found new Ocala PD TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

73cuda

Just found new OPD TG tonight, it's 4912 SWAT

Heard units checking in and preparing for entry using flash bangs. Didn't get to finish hearing the rest.

I didn't see this TG in the list here at RR (?)

that's it for now :)

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
confirmation needed

Just found new OPD TG tonight, it's 4912 SWAT

Heard units checking in and preparing for entry using flash bangs. Didn't get to finish hearing the rest.

I didn't see this TG in the list here at RR (?)

that's it for now :)

Hi, just wanted to report back on your findings... I don't believe TG ID 4912 is related to the Ocala PD trunk system. I have been monitoring the scanner religously from where I live in Ocala, and have noticed that 4 new talkgroups have popped up as wildcard hits on the Ocala system over the past week and a half. These are most likely new talkgroups added to the Citrus County trunking system which already has a few TGID's in that TG ID range. If you take notice to the voice of the dispatcher during the transmissions, it does not sound like any OPD dispatchers voice that I'm currently familiar with. Also, a few transmissions on the Citrus Sheriff's TGID's have been male dispatchers, whereas Ocala mainly has a few male & female dispatchers for the Fire Rescue radio system, but mainly employs female dispatchers to work the Police side of the console. I never hear a male dispatcher for OPD transmissions, always females. Another reason I question the find, is that I personally know SWAT team members, and they do not transmit situations or training excercises on the trunked system that anyone can monitor, SWAT only uses the encrytion channels designated on the trunked system.

I had received wildcard hits over the past few days again, and thought it could be something new too, but fortunately I had the availability of time to really sit and monitor these new finds, and came to realize that Citrus County uses a few of our control channels in thier system, and if they use a newly added one, it will likely come up as a wildcard hit because of the proximity to that county from where we are. If they add a new TG , again , that wildcard could be coming in to our scanners. I needed to upload the Citrus County trunk system into my Pro-106 scanner, and then lock it out (turn off that group) as to stop receiving thier intermittant system transmissions. At first, I thought it might be county bleed-over on the radio system that I was hearing, but since seeing that they have some channels identical to ours, I am convinced they may have added a new talkgroup or freq channel which is causing the hits. Its a good idea to keep an eye on it, to try to obtain a confirmation on what it truly is, and to what radio system it actually belongs to.

ps, since I uploaded the Citrus system and locked it out, I no longer get THIER radio system wildcards. When I did receive them, the signal was somewhat weak & degraded, which was another tell tale sign that it was either bleed-over from another nearby county, or it was a change-up in another counties radio system broadcast channel configuration or tower utililization practices.

Have a great day, and happy monitoring !!

Status
Not open for further replies.