Found new pager tones for Wayne count

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamAlborn

I found new pager tones for Wayne county if you want to add them to your list. Pultneyville fire tone a: 1530.0 tone b: 834.0. Walworth fire tone a:1598.0 tone b: 1082.0. I did find the all county pager tones but when I program pager will not except it. The all county tone is tone a: 992.0 tone b: 0.0. I have tried putting it in long a long b and long c. The only thing I can come up is maybe they weren paging above tones. Can anybody figure out how to set up the all county.

wb2fcr

Premium Subscriber
I found new pager tones for Wayne county if you want to add them to your list. Pultneyville fire tone a: 1530.0 tone b: 834.0. Walworth fire tone a:1598.0 tone b: 1082.0. I did find the all county pager tones but when I program pager will not except it. The all county tone is tone a: 992.0 tone b: 0.0. I have tried putting it in long a long b and long c. The only thing I can come up is maybe they weren paging above tones. Can anybody figure out how to set up the all county.

How do we get these into the Wayne County Fire Tone Outs database? (Wayne County (NY) Fire Tone Outs - The RadioReference Wiki)

The database has a differnet Tone A for Walworth (2164.0) - I assume William's post of 1598.0 is correct for Tone A, and Pulltneyville needs to be added to the list.

Dave

WilliamAlborn

Walworth pager tones

According to my uniden scanner there are two walworth pager tones. I think one is for ambulance and the other is for the fire department. The only one I can't confirm is all county tones. I tried fire departments but nobody knows it. My scanner still reads 992.0 but no matter what I do pager won't take it.

wb2fcr

Premium Subscriber
I updated the wiki database for the FIre Out Tones to correct Tone A for Walworth and added Pultneyville. Sorry I can't help out with the all county tones.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
the scanner is usually off by a few herts up or down, ive noticed this quite often

WilliamAlborn

Walworth pager tones

That could be what is going on with the scanner. Could be it is not reading all tones correctly. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
What you can do is contact the communication company that does the radio programming for your county. They would probably give you the information, or try contacting the county EmCom Cordinator, they would know as well. Maybe even the cheif of your department. good luck.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
All three are standard Plectron tones. Try changing your pager from Motorola to User tone system if you want them exact.

FWIW, the tones do not have to be exact in the pager to work properly. They can be off by a small percentage and still work fine. For example, if I enter 992 in my QC-II setup on one of my mobiles, it may self convert to 991.3. No big deal. It will be OK.

WilliamAlborn

What coding option on the pager menu are you using? I am using r168. I don't know if that makes a diference or not. This tone might not be fior everybody 992.0. I just hope Dave saw my comment on walworth because I am sure there are two tones.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What coding option on the pager menu are you using? I am using r168.

If you are using a Minitor V, select the General tab, and down at the bottom is a field for tone type. It's a drop-down, and there are several choices: User, Motorola, Plectron, etc.

If you have the III or IV software, I am not familiar with it, but there should be a field for it somewhere.

While the tones you are telling us about are Plectron tones, you may have other types of tones already set up in your pager. If you pick Plectron, the 992 and the other two Plectron tones will remain exactly as you type them. But if you have Motorola or User selected, the software may change whatever you enter by a few decimal points. That is OK as long as it is fairly close as the pagers have some degree of tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.