Fountain Hills Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3hog

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help me with scanning Police and fire in my new neighborhood. I know it is Policed by MCSO but is there a specific channel for Fountain Hills?

I'm not sure about fire and EMS, who dispatches them and what system are they on? I am trying to find out on my own but getting frustrated, so any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely, DAN W3HOG

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
MCSO East handles law enforcement for Fountain Hills. Hopefully someone can chime in with Unit Numbers that cover the area. Dispatch is talkgroup 43248 on the Maricopa County Trunked System below. East covers a very large area so you will hear a lot more than just Fountain Hills calls.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=848

Fire and EMS is dispatched by Rural Metro. Ch 2 154.370 is dispatch and routine calls. Major incidents will be moved to ch 3 155.805 or ch 5 154.400. These can be found under Rural/Metro Fire on the Maricopa County Conventional page of the DB.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=100

KB7MIB

Fountain Hills is MCSO's 700 district. All of the unit numbers will be in the 700 range.
However, you also have to listen to 400 (Carefree-Cave Creek area), 600 (Queen Creek area), and 200, which covers everything else east of I-17 that falls under MCSO jurisdiction, except for the recreational lakes, and the Salt River recreational area, which is covered by the Lake Patrol district, which is the 500-series, and they have their own pair of talkgroups seperate from the 4 East area TG's.
However, note that the Lake Patrol dispatch talkgroup can be patched to the East dispatch talkgroup when the traffic on the two TG's isn't too heavy. So there will be times when you have to listen to 5 different districts at the same time. You just have to train your ears/brain to pick out the 700-series callsigns for traffic in the Fountain Hills area.

John
Peoria

w3hog

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both for your input!! You are very helpful and it is greatly appreciated!

Dan W3HOG

KB7MIB

BTW, for Rural/Metro FD, here's the numbering:

821 and 825: Carefree/Cave Creek area

822 and 823: Fountain Hills area

833 and 837: Unincoporated West Valley

841-843: San Tan Valley and Chandler Heights

857 and 859: East Mesa county islands

Rio Verde (441 & 442), which is located north of Fountain Hills, is dispatched by Mesa FD's regional dispatch center along with Mesa (201-229), Gilbert (250's), Apache Junction (260's), and Queen Creek (410's), on the TOPAZ RWC radio system.
Also, northeast of you, Ft. McDowell's FD (401-402) also uses the TOPAZ RWC, but has their own talkgroups. Ft. McDowell's PD is encrypted on that system.

For MCSO: 740 is the Sgt.
741 patrols the southwest parts of town.
742 patrols the southeast parts of town.
743 patrols the north parts of town.
744 patrols Rio Verde and Goldfield Ranch.
745 patrols the northeast part of town, as well as the McDowell park area.
A 770-series deputy is a community service deputy, an Edward 780-series is a civilian/posse administrative assistant, and a 790-series deputy is an "At large" unit, that patrols where ever there may be a need for an extra unit.

As for the Alpha prefixes, A & C (days), G & I (swing) and L & N (nights) signify a single deputy unit.
B & D (days), H & J (swing), and M & O (nights) signify a 2 deputy unit.

Paul followed by a 4-digit badge number is a posse member.

I also neglected to mention that District 4 covers the New River, Desert Foothills, Clearwater Hills, Anthem, and far northeast Scottsdale areas, in addition to the Carefree-Cave Creek area.

All of this info is courtesy of the Southwest Frequency Directory, 10th edition (SWFD-10), published in 2009. It should still be accurate :)

John
Peoria

Last edited:

ddanz

Premium Subscriber
Fountain Hills is MCSO's 700 district. All of the unit numbers will be in the 700 range.
However, you also have to listen to 400 (Carefree-Cave Creek area), 600 (Queen Creek area), and 200, which covers everything else east of I-17 that falls under MCSO jurisdiction, except for the recreational lakes, and the Salt River recreational area, which is covered by the Lake Patrol district, which is the 500-series, and they have their own pair of talkgroups seperate from the 4 East area TG's.
However, note that the Lake Patrol dispatch talkgroup can be patched to the East dispatch talkgroup when the traffic on the two TG's isn't too heavy. So there will be times when you have to listen to 5 different districts at the same time. You just have to train your ears/brain to pick out the 700-series callsigns for traffic in the Fountain Hills area.

John
Peoria
Sorry John, but 200 is District 2-Southwest County. I think you meant 100 which is District ...Mesa,Gilbert,Guadalupe,etc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.