"Fox" units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I think I understand now. But for information only here are the frequencies that I am hearing in Stamford.
462.0625 Key up or data burst every second.
453.0125 Key up or data burst every second.
464.8375 Key up or data burst every 2-3 seconds.
I may try listening some more to see if I can identify the users
Thanks again,
Dave

GKENY044

Dave520 said:
Ok, I think I understand now. But for information only here are the frequencies that I am hearing in Stamford.
Thanks again,
Dave

453.0125 appears to be part of Marcus at the Stamford site
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4117

GKENY044

Dave520 said:
Thanks again,
Dave

453.0125 appears to be part of Marcus at the Stamford site
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4117

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Nelson's dispatch center in in North Haven on Montowese Avenue.

Also the only unit that now currently signs on as a "3" unit is Hamden Squad 1 (ex-Engine 4) on MED 10. You hear them sign on usually as 3-Delta-44 they used to be 1-Delta-44 when still a basic engine company first responder unit.

Also technically the other "3" units in the area are Ansonia (ARMS) Rescue 2 (3-Bravo-2) and Storm Ambulance Rescue 18 (3-Kilo-18). I'm not sure if ever Branford, North Branford, Guilford, Madison or No. Madison heavy rescues ever signed on as a "3" unit in the past. Guilford's heavy rescue now has a paramedic on it and signs on as 5-Yankee-5 now.

I was a dispatcher at C-MED New Haven for several years full time and now only work per-diem since I got hired as a firefighter.

JimmyMac

Premium Subscriber
KB1JHU said:
I did hear them call in as that yesterday, I think. Although, most of the time I hear them as a 5-unit.

What you hear is 5-D-1 or 5-D-2 which are the two Hamden Fire Paramedic rescue's.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
ok, just when i think i have this all down with nelson responding to the valley as well as bpt area and sometimes north haven (montowese which we know they are based out of) today I hear them sign on south central for a chest pain call and hear cmed tell them to sign on to valley shore for more info. Is there anywhere in the state they arent responding to?

GKENY044

joetnymedic said:
ok, just when i think i have this all down with nelson responding to the valley as well as bpt area and sometimes north haven (montowese which we know they are based out of) today I hear them sign on south central for a chest pain call and hear cmed tell them to sign on to valley shore for more info. Is there anywhere in the state they arent responding to?

Joe add New Haven to the list, tonight AMR was backlogged and 5 fox 9 was dispatched for an MVA at cold spring and orange st.

KB1JHU

Nelson has offices in North Haven and Bridgeport and recently purchased Access Ambulance in Stamford so besides doing their normal interfacility and private call transports they do 911 runs where they have contracts and I am sure they have mutual aid agreements to cover other areas. I have heard them respond to Stratford when all the Stratford EMS crews were busy. Since they are on the Passport system it is hard to listen to their ops to better figure out their regular service area.

SP101

Feed Provider
If a Fox unit was told to sign on with Valley Shore (med 6 eastern), they were probably intercepting with a Durham EMS unit. Nelson is now a primary backup for Wallingford (yes, even though Hunters has a base there), which can put them right in line for a Durham intercept going to Midstate or New Haven.

kmacinct

scanernutt said:
South Central C-MED Unit Designators

Alpha New Haven F.D.
Bravo Ansonia Rescue Medical Services
Charlie New Haven A.M.R.
Delta Hamden F.D.
Echo West haven F.D.
Fox Nelson Ambulance
Gulf Milford F.D.
Hotel Branford
India North Branford F.D.