FPL P25p2 Florida System (00A.92463)

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all who responded.

Just to clarify, prior to monitoring 935.9000, I was monitoring the PBC P25 TRS and if there was any cross-site memorization-corruption it would have shown up as an 800 Mhz freq. from the PBC System. From my past experiences with Unitrunker retaining data from the previous scan does occur. However in order to minimize this situation, I will deactivate the current CC and wait about 30 seconds for all the data to clear from the main screen before changing to a new CC. This method seems to be fairly effective but not 100%.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for not mentioning that I’m located in the western area of Boynton Beach, PBC

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks to all who responded.

Just to clarify, prior to monitoring 935.9000, I was monitoring the PBC P25 TRS and if there was any cross-site memorization-corruption it would have shown up as an 800 Mhz freq. from the PBC System. From my past experiences with Unitrunker retaining data from the previous scan does occur. However in order to minimize this situation, I will deactivate the current CC and wait about 30 seconds for all the data to clear from the main screen before changing to a new CC. This method seems to be fairly effective but not 100%.

Ook, based upon that I suspect that it was a simple case whereby 935.900 was CC for Site 147 Davie and that the control channel for 109 Palatka changed to 935.900. So, depending upon conditions you were sometimes pulling in Davie and sometimes pulling in Palatka, and really couldn't get a good decode on either because they were probably competing signals coming in to your receiver. That would explain how you had Unitrunker showing site 147 whilst at the same time having all other freqs from the Palatka site.

So instead of cross-site corruption from switching control channels, the same effect likely occurred because the active CC for both was 935.900, there was good tropo enhancement, and those two signals were competing in Unitrunker.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps that's the answer. But Unitrunker listed the site as 159 showing the 4 freqs I mentioned as well as the NAC 09F. It was only when I checked on the neighboring sites did it show site 147 (which I agree, makes no sense). Hopefully, there will be another band opening soon and I will be able to collect further data. Thanks for your help, after all, figuring out all this stuff is what makes this hobby fun.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Perhaps that's the answer. But Unitrunker listed the site as 159 showing the 4 freqs I mentioned as well as the NAC 09F. It was only when I checked on the neighboring sites did it show site 147 (which I agree, makes no sense). Hopefully, there will be another band opening soon and I will be able to collect further data. Thanks for your help, after all, figuring out all this stuff is what makes this hobby fun.

Sorry. I am almost positive I got confused somewhere when mentioning site #s. So any discrepency with what I said about any site numbers is purely me fumbling it up. My mind was elsewhere when I was posting.

Good job on the sleuthing. 159 is definitely a new one. That 147 neighbor logically could be a neighbor of Davies. I'm sure there were other neighbors for 159 that just couldn't be obtained because of the conditions at the time.

If you are able to copy any of the sites (that could be neighbors of Davies), they might reveal 159 as a neighbor. Sites like 3, 29, 83, 117, 123, 127 and maybe others might list 159 as a neighbor, if 159 is really Davies.

Mike

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
6B2528C7-E045-40C5-86EE-B16FFAE68E7F.jpegI’m picking up site 89 seems site 109 is out of service but site 151 is on same setup as Putnam site 109 wondering if they doing changes

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
by the FCC data, there are two sites in/near Palatka. One is out a bit northwest near Bardin and the other is just south of East Palatka.

I would bet that our dB entry is not quite right in addition to Site 109 being off the air.

the interesting thing in your pic is Site 151, which corresponds correctly by the FCC data to "East Palatka" on callsign WPFN986

the "Bardin" site - to the northwest of Palatka, is under callsign WPXL774, listed as:

I would see if any of these freqs above are "Site 151"....

doug

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Perhaps they shut down 109 (367 US Hwy 17) and brought online 151 (Adjacent to substation located near 367 US Hwy 17) as a replacement.. They are extremely close to one another. The tower is a brand new tower registered in 7/2019 and granted ASR registration in 4/2020. So I suspect they took down 109 and replaced it with 151. In FCC records its listed as Granted, not Constructed, but quite often the notification by the company that the construction has been completed lags behind quite a bit.

m

N4KVE

I have a good friend, Rick, AC4XQ whose been working for the FPL radio shop in Miami for years. He mostly works on radio equipment in trucks, & goes to neighboring states when there are hurricanes to keep the FPL trucks in communications in the neighboring state. When I told him there was a 9 page thread on the new FPL radio system, he laughed out loud, & asked why anybody would want to listen to them. It’s boring.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I have a good friend, Rick, AC4XQ whose been working for the FPL radio shop in Miami for years. He mostly works on radio equipment in trucks, & goes to neighboring states when there are hurricanes to keep the FPL trucks in communications in the neighboring state. When I told him there was a 9 page thread on the new FPL radio system, he laughed out loud, & asked why anybody would want to listen to them. It’s boring.
he answered his own question. when the poo hits the fan in florida.... FPL is VERY interesting to listen to when the power is out! So mapping the system is important. However, I would feel the same way if someone had a 9 page thread about my day job

doug

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Able to get site 151/097 east palatka Putnam county
NL 15 23 57 63 77 85 89

Can you get the control channel for Site 85 ? Should be in your DSDPlus.P25Data file. DB says 85 is South Dade, but no way it is going to be South Dade if it's a neighbor of East Palatka. It's probably going to be Orangedale (the only yet-to-be-identified site in that area that I know of).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
S85 937.925 I tried to get orangedale site nothing. I’m in ne Putnam going into clay. Hopefully get orangedale heading home if it is active

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
S85 937.925 I tried to get orangedale site nothing. I’m in ne Putnam going into clay. Hopefully get orangedale heading home if it is active

Hmm I don't see 937.925 on the Orangedale license. I'm kinda baffled. Not sure what site 85 is going to be. Sorry, I didn't realize you were currently mobile !

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hmm I don't see 937.925 on the Orangedale license. I'm kinda baffled. Not sure what site 85 is going to be. Sorry, I didn't realize you were currently mobile !

I can't eplain that either. East Palatka is like 300+ air miles from any Miami-Dade sites, especially south sites.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
So far nothing for orangedale. I do see durbin and St Augustine sites while I was in orangedale.

Last edited: