Fpl

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to listen to FPL. I have all the frequesncies and talk groups in my scanner but still not picking anything up I know its a EDACS system and ive always had issues picking them up. Any help would be appreciated

James

CanesFan95

It's an EDACS narrowband system. Do you have it programed as standard EDACS or EDACS narrowband in the scanner? That'll make a difference. Otherwise, try scanning the frequencies conventionally and see if you can hear anything, especially a control channel.

A Pro-96 will not decode FPL's half-rate EDACS control channel. GRE never put narrow EDACS (a slower control channel scheme) into the Pro-96 operating firmware, and probably will not considering the age of the product. You would have to program in the discrete voice channels at the site you're interested in (lock out the control channel) and scan those in conventional. Newer scanners may decode narrow EDACS.

ermin

Im trying to listen to FPL. I have all the frequesncies and talk groups in my scanner but still not picking anything up I know its a EDACS system and ive always had issues picking them up. Any help would be appreciated

James

Also remember that the control channel changes almost every day. I listen conventional with my 96 and do not miss much.

Ermin

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

do they use their vhf or other conventional frequencies for anything interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.