Franklin Co. PS- wierd talkgroup ids

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
I monitor it when we go to columbus. I started picking up a bunch of TG Ids that were 6 digits. I was hearing what appeared to be UC chatting while watching the badguys.
Any one know about these?
Heres some of the TGID's
Theres a bunch more. Im listening on a BCD396T

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If I recall correctly Uniden's numbering of I-CALLS, I believe those are going to be I-Calls (radio-to-radio) versus Group calls (radio-to-talkgroup)

Mike

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly Uniden's numbering of I-CALLS, I believe those are going to be I-Calls (radio-to-radio) versus Group calls (radio-to-talkgroup)

Mike

When I see an iCall on another group it shows up as "i43055" so i can tell it is an icall. this was just wierd. I have been listening for quite a while to columbus freqs and MARCS and had never seen it until the other day.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
When I see an iCall on another group it shows up as "i43055" so i can tell it is an icall. this was just wierd. I have been listening for quite a while to columbus freqs and MARCS and had never seen it until the other day.

Hmm. Good question then. I'm sure somebody more familiar with Franklin Co PS can tell ya. But now that you mention it, I do recall (owned a 396/996 a few years ago) how I-calls are displayed and should have known better.

I'm interested in what that would be as well. Sorry I didn't have your answer.

Mike

jerk

I monitor it when we go to columbus. I started picking up a bunch of TG Ids that were 6 digits. I was hearing what appeared to be UC chatting while watching the badguys.
Any one know about these?
Heres some of the TGID's
Theres a bunch more. Im listening on a BCD396T

Those are I-call ID's for a Type II system.

jerk

When I see an iCall on another group it shows up as "i43055" so i can tell it is an icall. this was just weird. I have been listening for quite a while to columbus freqs and MARCS and had never seen it until the other day.

Those are either EDACS or Type I "private calls" or radio to radio.

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm gonna continue listening and see what I can figure out. Anyone in the columbus area, listen to Franklin PS and see what you get.
I'll fill you all in when I figure

Q101ATFD

I can tell you for sure that those are private call conversations. 74**** denotes a handheld radio, while 75**** are mobile radios.

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you for sure that those are private call conversations. 74**** denotes a handheld radio, while 75**** are mobile radios.

Thanks for the help. It makes sense. I was afraid i was picking up nextels or something like that. Enjoy
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.