Franklin County Groomer freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noflipside

Just a long shot, does anyone know the freq. for the Franklin County Snowmobile groomers. They just had radio's installed this winter. I think UHF

bezking

Hi and welcome to RR, Noflipside.

If there is nothing in the RR database for Franklin County, you can try the Federal Government database here: License Search - Advanced License Search - this database will allow you to search by name and state or zipcode, etc. While the FCC is far less accurate than RR, it can give you a good idea for a specific entity.

Oh, BTW, if you can make a confirmed determination as to the freq, please submit it to RR!

Thanks,
bezking - New York State Database Admin

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Just a long shot, does anyone know the freq. for the Franklin County Snowmobile groomers. They just had radio's installed this winter. I think UHF
Since it is Franklin County, given the proximity to Canada and all the associated issues of licensing border areas, I would tend to think they didn't get their own channels.

You may be able to figure it out based on who the groomers work for. If a town, village, or county employs them, then they'll likely operate on existing frequencies used by those agencies.

If they're operated by a club or private company, anything is possible. If you think they're using UHF radios, maybe a good place to start is the GMRS channels. Easy to license and inexpensive to buy. And no conflict with Canadian channels.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Another possiblity is that they could be using a two-way radio shop's community repeater or trunked radio system, such as LTR or PassPort. You might want to check out the local two-way radio shop's conventional/trunked systems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.