Franklin County PA listeners ,I need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I live in the borough of Chambersburg. I programed a number of local comm. providers freqs. into my Pro-96. One that is regularly active is 464.250 w/162.2 pl . I am wondering who uses this frequency. It is licensed to Kuhn, a local provider and I hear comm checks and talking about "client movement" betweeen floors and reference to a Chow Hall. I thinking it may be one of the juvenile centers in the area but haven't been able to pin it down as of yet . Could any local listeners help me narrow down a location or id a user ?

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
The only thing that I know is the tower is right off of South Mtn Restotation Center.Tower is off of Snowy Mtn and Tower Rd.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
SMRC did cross my mind as well. I hear them talk about different floors and SMRC certainly has a few. I did notice that there was quite an improvement in the signal while driving on 997 the other day.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
I imagine that is what it is. I did a freq search and that is were the tower is. I will listen to it as well to see what I get.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I saw that in the database and entered it before I drove around the area today. I did hear some traffic when I was very close to the facility. It seemed to me that it was a low power transmission.

timelord64

South Mountain Restoration Center security is on 461.8625. I have never heard any activity on 155.625, however, Warren County VA fire is on 155.6175, and I hear them very loud here (I'm in the Western part of the County)...perhaps that is what you heard?? Also, I have heard that SMRC is still using 46.520 for maintenance, but I only hear Fulton County fire on this side of the valley.

I'm thinking that 464.250 might be for Abraxis?? That is my thought, but I could be wrong about that.

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
464.25 is licensed to Trenton and Dale Kuhn which is in the database as Kuhn's Network Services. This is shown as a LTR Standard system.

Status
Not open for further replies.