Franklin county Pacific

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
Need some help here … seems like my local law enforcement has switched to digital radios now.
Can some help me find the correct frequency for Pacific Police department.
I am a feed provider but have not been able broadcast anything …. Silent.
Also anyone have recommendations on a good desktop scanner? Or portable one
Thank you
Newbie to newer radios but fast learner !

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
seems like all dispatch are encrypted on the slater system in St. Louis county.
How can I find out ? Do the encrypted radios cost more than none?

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
They moved to the SLATER system.. I would suggest for something less pricey BCD996P2 or if you are able to spend I would go for the SDS200 both from Uniden. SLATER is St Louis County's Trunked Radio System
Even if we are not in the city limits of St. Louis county? Just curious because Washington PD and st clair pd went MOSWIN .
Radio reference has still the old 800 mhz frequency
Maybe just not updated yet.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Even if we are not in the city limits of St. Louis county? Just curious because Washington PD and st clair pd went MOSWIN .

Radioreference relies on scanner listeners and database users to update us (make a submission). We'll get it changed.

Larry-G

seems like all dispatch are encrypted on the slater system in St. Louis county.
How can I find out ? Do the encrypted radios cost more than none?
Just about all modern digital radios come with the option to enable encryption built in so there is no increased cost to the end user, but as a listener if a channel is encrypted there is nothing you can do to listen in regardless of your budget.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
What old 800 MHz frequency are you talking about that is still listed?
Pacific was never on an 800 MHz system in the past. I don't believe the City of Washington or St Clair PD were ever on an 800 MHz system in the past either.
I do know Washington City PD and Fire are on Moswin now using talkgroups assigned from the Franklin County talkgroup pool but I'm not sure about the City of St Clair moving to Moswin. If St Clair City PD moved to Moswin, what are the Talkgroups they are using?

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
What old 800 MHz frequency are you talking about that is still listed?
Pacific was never on an 800 MHz system in the past. I don't believe the City of Washington or St Clair PD were ever on an 800 MHz system in the past either.
I do know Washington City PD and Fire are on Moswin now using talkgroups assigned from the Franklin County talkgroup pool but I'm not sure about the City of St Clair moving to Moswin. If St Clair City PD moved to Moswin, what are the Talkgroups they are using?
Sorry not 800 mhz i am still learning everything… this is all new to me so trying to learn from the internet is kinda hard .
Also not very sure about st Clair either. Like I said just getting in to this whole new world.
I don’t really post stuff on forums but since my radio reference site is sitting idle right now I am just trying to get it back online.

bdzig

Premium Subscriber
From the Pacific City Council meeting minutes - February 7, 2023:

Chief of Police Report

Chief Melies stated the Police Department completed the radio upgrade project that was approved by this Board last year. It was funded 100% by ARPA funds and included the purchase of new dispatch radio councils, backup systems, mobile and portable radios, antennas and all the connection and controlling equipment. Beginning yesterday, the city operating measures moved from technology of a VHF frequency to an 800 MHz trunk digital emergency radio system with our own four unique talk groups. This system has emergency alerts, user identification, encryption and GPS capability. They will continue to operate the 911 public safety answering point. This project is a major upgrade from the previous system and keeps us up to date with the latest radio technology. He commended the Police Department Command Staff and Mr. Roth for bringing such a large project to completion. Communications Supervisor Mrs. Amy Brand was instrumental by performing most of the in house managing project, keeping it on course, and with the fewest possible disruptions of day to day operations. There are several other projects completed. We did take possession of the Stealth Stat that we approved for purchase. This can be put out at different locations for traffic counts or speed studies. If anyone has a concern of a certain area, please let him know.

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
From the Pacific City Council meeting minutes - February 7, 2023:

Chief of Police Report

Chief Melies stated the Police Department completed the radio upgrade project that was approved by this Board last year. It was funded 100% by ARPA funds and included the purchase of new dispatch radio councils, backup systems, mobile and portable radios, antennas and all the connection and controlling equipment. Beginning yesterday, the city operating measures moved from technology of a VHF frequency to an 800 MHz trunk digital emergency radio system with our own four unique talk groups. This system has emergency alerts, user identification, encryption and GPS capability. They will continue to operate the 911 public safety answering point. This project is a major upgrade from the previous system and keeps us up to date with the latest radio technology. He commended the Police Department Command Staff and Mr. Roth for bringing such a large project to completion. Communications Supervisor Mrs. Amy Brand was instrumental by performing most of the in house managing project, keeping it on course, and with the fewest possible disruptions of day to day operations. There are several other projects completed. We did take possession of the Stealth Stat that we approved for purchase. This can be put out at different locations for traffic counts or speed studies. If anyone has a concern of a certain area, please let him know.
Nice thank you … looks like it’s encrypted

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
is
To add to this I don't know if their talkgroup is encrypted.. If it is then you will not be able to hear them at all. No matter what scanner you have.
its been a minute but where you able to get the talkgroup to work ? is it encrypted ? i don't see that it is....

Hiexp80

Feed Provider
According to radio reference it should have a capital E next to it under type … I don’t have a digital radio so I can’t verify