Franklin County Simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8WCA

In looking around - I cannot seem to tell if Franklin County MARCS (And maybe other systems) are Simulcast or not.

Any input for a old hat at scanning but pretty new at all this newfangled stuff!

Trying to Decide between a BCD436 and a SDS100 (The SDS100 will be a big stretch for my funds)

AJorge1219

W8WCA - if you want Columbus City, it is simulcast and you will definitely want something that handles the simulcast distortion. Thus the SDS100 - my understanding is it will be worth the extra time to gather the funds :)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
In looking around - I cannot seem to tell if Franklin County MARCS (And maybe other systems) are Simulcast or not.

Any input for a old hat at scanning but pretty new at all this newfangled stuff!

Trying to Decide between a BCD436 and a SDS100 (The SDS100 will be a big stretch for my funds)

The site notes for both Franklin County and Columbus City indicate that they're simulcast sites.

That being said, you're really going to want an SDS scanner.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Where did you find one? I see scanner masters still out of stock

W8WCA

Rec'd my SDS200 !
Just letting it go right now - it seems they must have at least programmed in my country

Next up in a few is to send the data I made (Favorites lists) to it

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Hilliard running an SDS200 from my hotel, if you need help just let me know, also get one of the new angled Remtronix 800 antennas for the SDS200, Universal has them in stock, it improved signal strength by 35% over the stock and if you need it customed programmed i can send you my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.