Franklin County switching to 800 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

shesatech

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies

Here's what I got from Franklin Co. Office of Emergency Mgmt:

System ID 1B2 (WACN BEE00) Site ID HEX (DEC)

Ottawa Freq. RFSS 1 (1) Site 048 (30)
856.6625 Control Channel

I just got a new scanner and am learning to program it. Thought I could download a file from this site to upload into the scanner but the frequencies are in the 150.xxxx mhz ranges? Now I'm really confused.

shesatech

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info! The scanner I'm currently learning to program is a Whistler WS1040 for a friend of mine. I pick up my new Uniden BCD325P2 scanner at the Post Office tomorrow, so I guess I'll join both groups. Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Daho

Premium Subscriber
One of my groups is just for Uniden scanner owners but the other one you can join. If you haven't yet you might download a software called win500. It makes downloading info easier and quicker. The downfall is, after 30 days you have to pay.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Thought I could download a file from this site to upload into the scanner but the frequencies are in the 150.xxxx mhz ranges? Now I'm really confused.

You likely tried to upload a scan file from the Franklin County database here. However, the system that they are moving to is part of a statewide 800 MHz system and is licensed to the State of Kansas- not Franklin County. So, you would need to check that database to upload the state tower sites in Franklin County.

Status
Not open for further replies.