Franklin hires private ambulance firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Franklin-Star.com | Franklin, Indiana, breaking news, photos, things to do | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Medical issues have taken two civilian and two firefighter medics for the city of Franklin out of commission for various lengths of time.

So, the city on Thursday will begin using a private ambulance service to avoid costly overtime.

Franklin Mayor Fred L. Paris issued an executive order to use Seals Ambulance, headquartered in Indianapolis, until further notice.

Doing a quick FCC search shows a license they had expired in 2003. Guess they will be strictly using County Freq's?

IndyEmsGuy

Last I heard Seals was on the JES & Sons (J E S & Sons Trunking System, Indianapolis, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies) LTR system. I don't know yet how this will work, maybe FFD will give them a county 800mhz radio to use. I do know the FD is upset about this. The Mayor has some under the table deal going with Seals. According to him this all happened yesterday and he issued an emergency order to have Seals take over the ambulance service. I know for a fact that Rural Metro has been talking to him about this for 2-3 months now. RM offered Franklin two full time ALS trucks dedicated to city EMS runs with an additional 5-6 trucks posted in Franklin to back those trucks up but yet he choose to go with Seals which is providing only one truck. Lots of people of power are very upset in the county right now. I'm not sure how long this will last.

DiGiTaLD

Seals is on the JES Indianapolis UHF LTR system. Its listed in the DB on the Marion County page. There is a thread on this somewhere around here.

Srobo

They are using a hand held at the moment. I was told they will see how it goes before they invest in a new mobile radio. I was out with them yesterday and they placed a new truck at station 21 and the backup will be the 2 Franklin ambulances. I was also told that RM will act as a back up if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.