Franklin Lakes PD now digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

As of midnight the Franklin Lakes Police Dept has switch frequencies to 470.4000 in APCO-25 digital mode. The y are the second department in Bergen County to make the transistion, Rutherford was the first. Those lucky enough to have digital scanners shoulld pop the frequency in!

NYRHKY94

Hi Justin:

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I recently gave my sister-in-law an old analog scanner I wasn't using so that she could monitor Franklin Lakes PD where she lives. I programmed it for her the last time I was down there to visit. I used your great site for all the frequencies in that area (I had my digital Pro-96 with me). Looks like I'll have to tell her she is out of luck for now.

P.S. By the way, I've been hoping that someone in Northern Bergen county would put up a live stream of the local PD's down there (like Wyckoff, Ramsey, Oakland, Franklin Lakes etc.) but it just doesn't seem like anybody has taken the plunge. I used to live down in that area (Rockland bordert actually) and really miss listening in. I can't find any Rockland PD streams for that matter either. That really surprises me given the number of scanner enthusiasts down there and the amount of local departments that can be monitored. If you happen to know of any, please let me know!

Thanks again for the heads up.

Mike
New Hampshire

xpawel15x

Thanks for this info, I put the freq in to my Pro-96 still waiting to hear something.

jvdet

and the County ch 7 repeater which has been digital for 8+ years doesnt qualify as a Deptartment or the other 8 simplex channels with digtital capabilities also doesnt count ?

xpawel15x

Franklin Lakes PD

Comes in loud and clear from my location, before on the analog freq I was only able to hear the dispatch, now I can hear both the dispatcher and the cars loud and clear. Does anyone know if there's a "channel 2" that's digital possibly?

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Xpawel check 453.0625 they have a license on that also, but its only 2 watts so you might not hear it. Did they say something about a channel 2? Franklin Lakes is only 2 towns away from me but I don't have a digital capable scanner, Now I have an excuse to buy one.... btw Franklin Lakes is using Motorola XTL2500's for mobiles same as BCPD.

Last edited:

xpawel15x

bill123456789 said:
How do you program it into a PRO 96 scanner I cant figure it out

It's easy. You program it the same way you do as a regular conventional frequency. Just click MAN, go to the channel and bank # you want to program it and enter the frequency. Leave it in FM mode and the scanner will decode the digital signal for you. When you get a signal the FM will change to DG letting you know it's a digital signal.

bill123456789

Pro-96

How do you program Motorola trunking on Pro 96. When you push the trunk button I dont understand that screen with the bank and id no.

bill123456789

Apco-25 Flpd

For the FLPD do I just enter it like a normal channel or do I have to put it in MO or motorola mode.

xpawel15x

bill123456789 said:
For the FLPD do I just enter it like a normal channel or do I have to put it in MO or motorola mode.

You program FLPD like a normal channel. It is not trunked. I told you, just leave it as FM.

bill123456789

Pro 97 Scanner

Does pro 97 pick up FLPD franklin lakes police
Also is the pro 97 good to get if you dont have enough money to get the pro 96

Highpockets

bill123456789 said:
Does pro 97 pick up FLPD franklin lakes police
Also is the pro 97 good to get if you dont have enough money to get the pro 96

It states up above that they went digital, pro 97 will not do digital. With more departments going digital, I would try to save up and get a digital scanner, if the departments encrypt their transmissions, no scanner will receive them.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
No the PRO-97 will not receive APCO-25 Digital transmissions. PRO-96, PSR-500 scanners will.
And Uniden 396T also. Franklin Lakes PD is in the clear in Digital.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Franklin Lakes FD 154.2500 123.0
Franklin Lakes FD/EMS And DPW Dispatch 158.9400 (used to be 131.8 but since the desk has been upgraded seems to be in CSQ)
Ambulances call in on the new digital PD freq.

bill123456789

Two questions. Is it necessary to put the repeater imput frequency into the scanner. (473.4000)? Also Franklin Lakes FD/EMS And DPW Dispatch 158.9400 IF I have it in as 131.8 will it still pick them up?

SCPD

QRT
No, you don't need to put in the Input frequency and yes, you'll still hear them with PL 131.8

Status
Not open for further replies.