Franklin PD paging Finderne First Aid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Tonight, in Somerset County, I heard Franklin PD doing a pager test for Finderne First Aid on the PD Highband channel. Seemed very odd to me as I don't believe Finderne is on any mutual aid lists for Franklin, but I could be wrong. Anyone have any insight on this? :confused:

robbinsj2

Years ago, probably pushing eight now, I noticed Franklin testing Finderne Squad. If I recall correctly, they identified as 275; I think it was a daily test but it may have been weekly. I didn't notice that they ever stopped.

Back then I asked around a little and heard that it was for mutual aid. I don't have the current mutual aid list but would expect Finderne, as an adjacent squad, to be routine backup for that end of Franklin if 53/71, RWJ-SP, and Rutgers are unavailable. Which, I guess, makes it not-so-routine, considering how many agencies are ahead of them.

Jim

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Yeah, it occured today with the rest of their weekly tests for their squads. It makes me wonder what other fire companies / squads they have the capability to page - and they did replace all of their consoles when they moved to trunking, so I guess they carried a lot of it over to the new equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.