Franklin TN TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I see today someone updated the Franklin TRS Phase I site. Is it still functioning, perhaps simulcast?

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I think some of the transit/public works still utilize the older system with links into the new.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I think some of the transit/public works still utilize the older system with links into the new.
The old franklin system no longer exists. Every entity is on the middle TN regional system. The franklin system was decommissioned when Williamson went live on the new stuff when we changed over the RF cables from the old to new racks.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I guess my question would be this: The police volunteers and mall security are still using the old XTS2500s. The police volunteers are using some type of link into one of the new systems special events tg. Mall security is still able to talk to dispatch. What system are these old radios going through?

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I guess my question would be this: The police volunteers and mall security are still using the old XTS2500s. The police volunteers are using some type of link into one of the new systems special events tg. Mall security is still able to talk to dispatch. What system are these old radios going through?

The XTS2500s work on the new system since all TGs are Phase 1 FDMA and none are Phase 2 TDMA

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I knew the XTS would do P1 I guess the encryption was the part I was confused on as I was under the impression the whole system (sans Franklin Fire) was encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.