Fraser Frequencies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon folks,
I just purchased a BCD996P2, and must say very nice scanner. I programmed the scanner using free scan, getting a huge amount of activity the second I programmed it. A lot of local police fire and ambulance, I live in Clinton Twp, for some reason not picking up Fraser police or fire, wondering if any one that lives in that area or close to it can pick them up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Chuck.

freqs

Iam in Warren I can pick them up.and have within the last week so no change as of now .In general not a lot on their fire but fair amount on Police .

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Good morning,
Thank you for the replies, I erased everything from the scanner and re-downloaded everything and all is well, getting Fraser loud and clear. Not sure why it didn't work from the beginning,

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon folks,
I just purchased a BCD996P2, and must say very nice scanner.

Thank you.
Chuck.

Excellent choice Chuck! I've had one for about six months, and I couldn't be happier. It really solved the Macomb County Simulcast issues in my area (Macomb Twp, MI).

Bill

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Excellent choice Chuck! I've had one for about six months, and I couldn't be happier. It really solved the Macomb County Simulcast issues in my area (Macomb Twp, MI).

Bill

Hi Bill, thank you, it is very nice scanner, love it. Question, Detroit police what system do they have and is it capable of being monitored?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bill, thank you, it is very nice scanner, love it. Question, Detroit police what system do they have and is it capable of being monitored?

Detroit is on the same MPSCS APCO 25 Phase 1 digital system/network. However, not all antenna sites carry the same talk groups. It gets complicated, but as I understand it (sort of), Detroit has it's own simulcast segment, and most of their sites have directional antennas that surround the outer borders of the city, and are pointed inwards, toward the city. So to a great extent, their radio traffic is contained inside the city borders as much as possible.

Your radio is perfectly capable of monitoring Detroit. You would have to be close to the city, if not in the city. You would program your scanner to a site, or sites, in the area you were located. Then program the talk groups you wish to monitor, like you did for your current location.

In some circumstances, antenna towers in other areas will carry Detroit's coms. Here in Macomb, all I get get on my local sites, is the City Of Detroit Water Department. This is because they work in the area.

Of course you can monitor them on your computer, using the on-line streaming service, which works quite well, but you're at the mercy of how that radio is programmed, and the talk group limitations set by the rules, and policies.

Wayne County Michigan Live Audio Feeds

Hope that helps some?

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Just to add to what iMonitor said...
Detroit is unique in that the DPD Talkgroup ID's and DFD Talkgroup ID's are not allowed to roam on to other tower sites outside of the Detroit Simulcast. So if DPD was going to pickup a prisoner in Flint for example they would need to switch to Statewide2 to communicate with dispatch. The Wayne CO Sheriff transport van use to do this very often. The whole reason MPSCS did this was to prevent a flood of radio traffic on the neighboring sites around Detroit which would not be able to handle it and interfere with other agencies which normally use those sites.

While it is true the Detroit Simulcast uses directional antennas to point inwards towards Detroit (to prevent interference on the Windsor Public Safety Simulcast System) there is still a decent amount of range. I am able to get the Detroit Simulcast as far south as Essex, ON and as far north as Pontiac using an actual portable radio. IMO being a little bit outside the city is better because there is less of a multipath issue with the scanners, which are just now starting to be made to handle that halfway decently.

freqs

I get Detroit real good at 11 and Scheonherr.With a 436 and 800 antenna .Now my 651 and the Scantenna not so good .Now I do from time time hear Detroit Police Talk groups on Macomb Tower.

freqs

Just the Downtown tg Central disp 8040 and DWS Those 2 showed .I have the Macomb tower as cc in my Macomb bank on my 651 and those 2 show up all the time .

freqs

I know DPD K9 Officer that lives in Sterling Hgts takes home the car prp and dog so do the program those radios different so they can monitor all the time out of the city

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Just the Downtown tg Central disp 8040 and DWS Those 2 showed .I have the Macomb tower as cc in my Macomb bank on my 651 and those 2 show up all the time .

Excellent, I'll have to plug 8040 and see if it works. No reason why it wouldn't, if you're getting this off the Macomb simulcast sites.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I know DPD K9 Officer that lives in Sterling Hgts takes home the car prp and dog so do the program those radios different so they can monitor all the time out of the city

If he gets it, you should be able to also. Ask him what talk groups he's on, if he'll tell you. It's not really a secret.

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Thank you,

Hello, just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice and help, I'm sure I'll have more in the future.
Do any of you guys have the BCD325P2? If so, how do you like it?

Thanks again.
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.