FRCC Weld Co Upgrade Tue Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSK

Talkgroups 6, 2295, 2992 and 3997 are still in use on the DTRS system.

We'll have to sort out which talkgroups are in use on both systems and which are only in use on a single system.

daveharpe

Question about the FRCC entry in the DB...
I'm trying to program up a Uniden 436HP using sentinel and I can't find an FRCC entry anywhere in Colorado. Do I need to create it manually or is it somewhere that I just can't find?

Thanks...

PJH

Premium Subscriber
It's a two step process. In sentinel, use the update master db, and when that is done, use "write to scanner".

daveharpe

Thanks. Very familiar with sentinel operation. What I'm saying is in the master DB area under Colorado the FRCC system isn't showing up in any county involved....not in National, Statewide or County. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
They usually pull the DB sunday night/Monday morning. Just downloaded the current DB and its in there now. It wasn't in there a few days ago.

Uniden I think pulls the DB 2-3 times a week depending on the amount of changes made.

ScannerSK

The following talkgroups were also received today on DTRS:
6, 1907, 1910, 1913, 1938, 2295, 2296, 3997, 3998, 4007, 4008, 4072 and 8161.

Talkgroups 6, 3997, 3998 and 4007 were quite active on DTRS however no activity was noted on FRCC (Weld Simulcast).

My assumption is talkgroups 1907, 1910, 1913 and 1938 on the DTRS system were related to radios still being switched over to FRCC?

There was also a list of unknown talkgroups today on the FRCC system: 431, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439 and 9557.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to mention the other day, for those who want or need to know what talkgroups are shared between the systems, please start an article in the Wiki. I can start a heading (anyone can) and that's what the wiki is there for.

Down the road, this thread may get buried, but the wiki (which can be linked to the system) will always be there.

daveharpe

They usually pull the DB sunday night/Monday morning. Just downloaded the current DB and its in there now. It wasn't in there a few days ago. Uniden I think pulls the DB 2-3 times a week depending on the amount of changes made.

Yep just did the update and it's there. Thanks!

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
FRCC System

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the new FRCC P-25 system to their radio? I have a PSR-500/600 and Butel software to program them. I wasn't able to find the new system when I clicked on 'Colorado' and then 'Trunked Systems'. I only found the Colorado DTRS and DTRS on Wheels systems.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the new FRCC P-25 system to their radio? I have a PSR-500/600 and Butel software to program them. I wasn't able to find the new system when I clicked on 'Colorado' and then 'Trunked Systems'. I only found the Colorado DTRS and DTRS on Wheels systems.

I believe you're going to have to go to the county level for either Weld or Adams County. DTRS is a state system so it's listed for the entire state, but FRCC only serves Weld and Adams at this time so it won't show up for the entire state.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Is Greeley PD & Ambulance on the FRCC?

Greeley PD is pretty much confined to the simulcast sites (853.3125 CC) with some activity showing up on the Nunn site.

Banner ambulance is heard on all the sites covering Weld County.

Greeley Fire is the same as the PD on the simulcast sites and does show up on the neighboring sites to the North and South. Likely neighboring departments monitoring their TG.

As far as 19xx Talkgroups showing up on DTRS. They are still having problems with some radios in the field that did not transition over to FRCC properly. Not surprising with the number of radios used in the area.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So, what is CSP doing in Weld County for comms, without access to FRCC? I would think that losing all the Weld Co. Towers would have a much bigger impact than losing Adams Simulcast...

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Not much of an impact really. Buckhorn covers the Western part of Weld county quite well and was the VHF radio site years ago. In fact I'm using Buckhorn for the weekly commute from Greeley to Boulder county.

CSP coverage for the Weld area includes Buckhorn, Horsetooth, Bald Mountain, CDOT 14th Ave (Greeley), Mead, Gunbarrel, Point of Rocks, Squaw Mountain and Thorodin. Licenses have been granted for a DTRS site at New Raymer to cover losing access to the site retained by Weld.

nathancarlson

I just heard Medevac on Med 3 (463.05) saying that they don't have any DTR coverage near Akron. I have picked them up on the Longmont site once in a while. Did they not move over to FRCC? Their conventional channels seem to be working well. Its good they have them as a backup!

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Aircraft DTRS radios are only assigned certain sites to prevent a bunch of radio issues. I'd hope, but there is a possibility that the allowed sites in the system software has not been updated to reflect the coverage change.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I just heard Medevac on Med 3 (463.05) saying that they don't have any DTR coverage near Akron. I have picked them up on the Longmont site once in a while. Did they not move over to FRCC? Their conventional channels seem to be working well. Its good they have them as a backup!

As I understand it, anyone NOT listed in the Weld County and Adams County FRCC Talkgroup sections basically have zero access to FRCC sites, unless they borrow/requisition FRCC radios and use a "pre-existing" FRCC Talkgroup/dispatch channel.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Greeley PD

I'm not sure why I still can't hit Greeley PD, I have no trouble hitting Weld County Fire or Sheriff's Dept.. The freq. I been hitting for Weld County is on 853.3125 very strong signal for all their transmissions. I have the new 6 freq's for FRCC put in. Any clues why I'm not getting Greeley PD? Are they on a lower power?

Does Weld Fire dispatch for Dacono Fire? If so what is their TG?

Status
Not open for further replies.