Frederick Co Reprogramming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

Some fire portables in Frederick County are being reprogrammed. Unknown what the changes or additions are, but I have heard activity on 155.295 D074 and 150.805 D155.

smwincva

Premium Subscriber
Almost 2 years ago Frederick Co added to & modified some of its frequencies. Those changes included a few new towers and repeated freqs. None of the repeated freqs broadcast from every tower. And when incidents have been switched to a tac channel, some of the time it was based on the geographic location in the county.

The freqs that are repeated at least some of the time are 154.1075, 155.295, and 155.9625. The last one is broadcast from two towers according to the FCC info. Its also stronger. That leads me to believe that at some point it may become the new ch 1.

Last night I heard the dispatcher tell units to go to ch 5. They were on a crash where a drunk driver hit a tree in the Lake Holiday subdivision. After several minutes I realized that they were using 453.575 (repeated in Cross Junction) and the dispatcher was talking on 458.575, broadcast from the new public safety building near the airport. Both relay freqs are broadcast only at 20 watts, and 453.575 barely broke squelch on my scanners.

I know at some point the area wil go to a TRS. I think we are long overdue for it to happen. There has been a few times this year where the dispatcher ran out of freqs for incidents. And Frederick County, along with the Winchester city, do not have the primary fire channel repeated in the region.

Here is the FCC license info:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1176268

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.