Frederick County Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman75

KKI 2845
I had my scanner SDS 200 program for the four counties my department runs calls with. I receive Carroll,Howard, Montgomery counties great. On my home patrol 1 had the same counties. on either of the scanners I canot receive Frederick County, I contacted their communications center and they told me to monitor the original channel they dispatch on. They have no idea why I cannot receive their radio systems like I do the rest of the counties. Would appricate any advice from profesionals. Thanks Art

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Where are you located, and what antenna are you using?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From Gaithersburg to Frederick on a duckie (if that's all that the OP is using)? I would think not likely, unless you're in a good high spot...Mike

fredva

Feed Provider
Are you monitoring 153.84500? I believe that would be the frequency referenced by the dispatch center when you talked to them.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The Frederick County 800 system was working as designed today, but probably not receivable from Gaithersburg. Maybe a Unication or actual subscriber could work - the closet tower sites to Gaithersburg is New Market, their fire training center or Marlu Ridge at roughly 18 miles.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As such, you're right on the edge of what 800 can cover in terms of distance - even with Frederick's topography. A yagi would likely help, atho at the expense of receiving the other counties the OP mentioned. Mike

gesucks

I had my scanner SDS 200 program for the four counties my department runs calls with. I receive Carroll,Howard, Montgomery counties great. On my home patrol 1 had the same counties. on either of the scanners I canot receive Frederick County, I contacted their communications center and they told me to monitor the original channel they dispatch on. They have no idea why I cannot receive their radio systems like I do the rest of the counties. Would appricate any advice from profesionals. Thanks Art
Let me get this straight, your scanner could not pick up Frederick, so you called Frederick County Dispatch and told them you could not hear them with your scanner?!?!?!

Woodman75

KKI 2845
Had four counties programed into scanner. Frederick,Howard,Montgomery and Carroll counties in Maryland. Scanner was scaning all four counties last night. When I was watching the scanner this morning no Frederick or Carroll came up on display. All are turned on ,but still no Frederick or Carroll county will display on system window. I have tried to do everything and still no display of these two counties. All others work great. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks Art

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
My assumption is that you must have changed something even though you might think you didn't.

Are you using favorites lists or the full database?

What did you do to scanner between the time it was working for Carroll & Frederick and the time it no longer worked? If you really just turned it off and turned it back on, this is a real mystery.

Woodman75

KKI 2845
Monitoring favorites list - I never turn scanner off like i stated when i came down this morning no Carroll or Frederick favorites. All thers working like before. Thanks Art

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please export and attach hpe files of the Carroll and Frederick County favorites lists and I will check them for problems. In the profile, are Download and Monitor both enabled for the Carroll and Frederick County favorites lists? On the scanner do this: MENU > Set Scan Selection > E > Select Lists to Monitor > E. Are Carroll and Frederick County favorites lists both On?

Status
Not open for further replies.