Frederick County Sherriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl64

Anybody know why the car #'s for the Frederick County Sherriff went from a 3 digit car # to a 4 digit car #?

Thanks

ffjeff1984

carl64 said:
Anybody know why the car #'s for the Frederick County Sherriff went from a 3 digit car # to a 4 digit car #?

Thanks
The Frederick County Sheriff's Dept. is a Department that is Growing Big and Strong... So That Means, They Have to add More Vehicles to Thier Fleet and The More Vehicles and The More Officers for
Radio Numbers, The Numbers Get Bigger as The Department Grows :D
BSafe-JLC

They actually did the switchover in late November. They are trying (with emphasis on 'trying') :eek: to keep the car numbers area specific, (using the last number as the area the car is assigned to).with a couple of exceptions. So, if you hear unit "1613", that car should be car 161, assigned to area 3. Supervisors are "usually" the lower numbers, such as "1600" "1601" etc. White shirt sups (Lts, Capts etc) are still in the double digits, such as "Car 48". This is how it was supposed to be set up, but it still has some bugs in it.

Traffic units are now running as "1700" series.

School Resource officers are in the "1300" series.

Also, about a week ago, I heard the Patrol Sup come over and tell all incoming shifts that both the Bomb Dog, and the Fire Marshal, were now "on call" out of the Sheriff side, working out of the building on Airport Drive. No idea on car numbers as of yet.

Lastly, Thurmont Police, who used to work off of the MSP channel, have now switched to the Sheriff channel as well. So, any "2300" series units you hear will be them.

Brunswick Police remain on Sheriff Channel (with TG784 used as a general talkaround/BS) as units in the "4900" series.

Jason

carl64 said:

Thanks

Where may I find a AREA SITE MAP for Frederick Co Sheriff ? Any new info on Bomb Dog and Fire Marshal car numbers ? I heard the Fred Co Sheriff Dispatch come on last week and say: ON FEB 23 ALL UNITS START USEING 3 DIGIT CODES, Anyone know of the 3 DIGIT CODES ? Could these be Unit Numbers, Because all I have heard the last couple days are 2 & 3 digit unit numbers ??

NEW 3 DIGIT CAR NUMBERS

It seems the FCSO has decided to go back to 3 digit CAR NUMBERS instead of the 4 digit ones. That is what the dispatcher was talking about. My guess? The 4 digit numbers were not only unpopular with the troops, they made extra work for dispatch, and couldn't be easily coded into reports and whatnot. Thus endeth that particular experiment.

Not sure what the new identifiers will mean; it sounds like they've simply given each shift a different number series from 100-800; with the exceptions of Traffic units (700 cars), School Resource Units (300) Citizen Assistance Patrol (Volunteer unarmed units, used for traffic control details, etc, in the high 300 series), and command staff (single & double digits).

Thurmont and Brunswick continue to use the same numbers they always have; 2300 series for Thurmont, 4900 series for Brunswick.

(Remember, the County dispatch is now dispatching Thurmont instead of MSP).

Best regards,

Jason

TinEar

Jason, do you happen to have the frequencies for the new Fort Detrick 300 mHz trunked system? How about anyone living up that way taking a listen for this system and giving us a report? I understand residents in the area are already reporting problems with their garage door openers which is a byproduct of this new system wherever it has been installed.

A report over on ScanDC suggests 380.275 might be the control channel for the Ft Detrick system.

dcfdjim

TinEar said:
How about anyone living up that way taking a listen for this system and giving us a report?

A report over on ScanDC suggests 380.275 might be the control channel for the Ft Detrick system.

TinEar,

I live a mile away from Detrick and the only frequency emitting a sound anything close to a control channel (2/28/05) is 385.700

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.