Frederick County VA Fire and Sheriff on WV Statewide System

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me when (or why) Frederick Fire and Sheriff gets patched to WV SIRN: West Virginia Statewide Interoperable Radio Network TG Category: Frederick County Virginia (Interoperability)? There appear to be several conventional channels patched to talkgroups 1801-1819 on that system

I have recently moved to western Loudoun (VA) and am listening to SIRN more and more. I noticed the Frederick Co VA interop talkgroups active a lot recently and assumed they were full time patches, but the last few days they have been silent.

Does anyone know how and when they work?

smwincva

Premium Subscriber
I know that the Frederick County patch on the WV system has been around several years. As noted above, the patch has been intermittent, but I have noticed that to be case since the patch was started.

As a listener, I can say the reception on VHF main frequencies is horrible. The system is to be replaced with a UHF P2 trunked system. The last I heard (many months ago) it could be as early the end of the this year.

However I have the new system(s?) frequencies from the FCC database programmed in my scanner, and there is no activity on it (not even a control channel).

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
For example, tonight the Frederick County Virginia LAW patch seems to be up and FIRE DISPATCH is not patched. No rhyme or reason - anyone?

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber

@BM82557

So you may be on to something. Are the patches only on the Berkely Site 1-7? I think I have been listening on the Jefferson site 1-17?

Last edited:

jcramberg

Premium Subscriber
I know that the Frederick County patch on the WV system has been around several years. As noted above, the patch has been intermittent, but I have noticed that to be case since the patch was started.

As a listener, I can say the reception on VHF main frequencies is horrible. The system is to be replaced with a UHF P2 trunked system. The last I heard (many months ago) it could be as early the end of the this year.

However I have the new system(s?) frequencies from the FCC database programmed in my scanner, and there is no activity on it (not even a control channel).
idk how you can say that Frederick's VHF freqs are horrible when I've picked them up in Arlington Co, VA mobile.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I reprogrammed and listening on Berkeley site, I hear FIRE but not LAW - this is crazy. I wish I knew more about how they were nailed down!

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Are the FIRE patches on the Berkeley site and the LAW patches on the Jefferson site? Tonight, that is the only way I can hear them, is on separeate respective sites.

BM82557

Both 1807 and 1808 active this morning, both are active on 1.7 just about every day. 1803 and 1805 are active very infrequently on 1.7 with days going by without any activity on those 2.