Frederick County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris516

Setup?

They have a two site P25 Phase 1 system. What else are you looking for?
I didn't mean, as in being trunked or not.
Frederick County, Maryland (MD) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Frederick County Trunking System, Frederick, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

The county government services are on the P25 system, pretty standard setup.

City police are on the same system but encrypted.

I remembered something about Frederick County, that makes the question pretty much moot.

I live in Montgomery County. Which is a, mix of urban, suburban, and rural. We also have a county population of 1M+https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_County,_Maryland. Frederick County, apart from the City of Frederick, is very rural, only 245,000+https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_County,_Maryland#Law.2C_government.2C_and_politics for a population. The extent of law enforcement in the county amounts to the City of Frederick police department, and the County Sheriff.

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering why I couldn't find law enforcement beyond, there being the City of Frederick Police, and the Frederick County Sheriffs Office.

The state is also on the system. There are other police agencies such as Brunswick and Thurmont city Police that operate under the SO talk groups so you won't see those agencies as having there own set of talk groups on the system.

Chris516

The state is also on the system. There are other police agencies such as Brunswick and Thurmont city Police that operate under the SO talk groups so you won't see those agencies as having there own set of talk groups on the system.
Ah, No wonder I didn't see those departments.

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
So is there anyway we can find Brunswick?? Or Thurmont frederick Sheriff pretty much to anything in Frederick MD?

Frederick city police is the only police agency that has their own talkgroups outside of the sheriffs office. The way that brunswick and thurmont city police operate is under the FCSO Talkgroups. The way you can tell all the units apart is listed in the Frederick county radio referance wiki or below.

Unit IDs
Lieutenants and Captains have 2 digit unit IDs.
3xx School Resource Officers
7xx Traffic
95x-97x "CAP" units
23xx Thurmont Police
49xx Brunswick Police

Status
Not open for further replies.