Free ACARS Decoder and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,
I've been using v1.6 for a long time and love it.

Very stable, reliable and not really a resoure hog.

Dave

sailor

Many thanks for the info about this software!
Easy to install and great to see it working! I love it!

pathalogical

I downloaded v 1.65 (I'm running Windows 95) and when I double click the Installer icon I get a pop up saying: The installer.exe file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:getfileattributesExA Anyone know what this means ? I see they have their own forums on the site, thought maybe someone here might know.

MacombMonitor

pathalogical said:
I downloaded v 1.65 (I'm running Windows 95) and when I double click the Installer icon I get a pop up saying: The installer.exe file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:getfileattributesExA Anyone know what this means ? I see they have their own forums on the site, thought maybe someone here might know.

It's supposed to run under Win95. They have a Forum, maybe they can help you there. Click on the link below:

http://www.acarsd.org/phpBB2/

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i read all the post, but my question is....do you have to have a scanner hooked up to your computer to do this?...and if so....can i use my yaesu FT-60R to monitor this?...anyone have the instructions to make this software work?

MacombMonitor

Southtown800 said:
i read all the post, but my question is....do you have to have a scanner hooked up to your computer to do this?...and if so....can i use my yaesu FT-60R to monitor this?...anyone have the instructions to make this software work?

If you click on the link in my original post, all of the information is there, including on-line documentation.

steve230868

acars

hi all i am new to this forum can anyone help me ? i would like to monitor acars but have no software i have a computer 3ghz windows xp family and the scanners i have are as follows
aor ar8200 mk3
yupiteru mvt 7100 and 7200
realistic pro 43 and pro 2042
win 108 airband scanner (i was told that this is good for acars)

i need to know what software i need and where i could find it and what is the best scanner to use
thanks very much for any help you may be able to give
Steve e mail ; meland@tiscali.fr

jyams

Windows 95

It will run under windows 95, but you have to use the right execute file. Go to your c:\Acars directory you extracted the program to and look for the application file called acarsd95.exe and use that file and it will run on windows 95.:lol:

jyams

Love the program and followed all the advice here and on another thread getting it setup. Setting lattitudes with a negative (-) helps get everything right on the server / map settings. Program installed fine and works great. Using a Uniden BC780XLT on the 131.550 connected to the "line in" on my sound card, and have gotten many hits on 136.800 as well. Left it running all day and when i got home from work, i had over 50 records and a map full of position reports. Very interesting and fun thing to monitor.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Mine works relatively well. We'll need to know where you are to make a decent map for you.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
OK - I'm ignorant and lazy today :lol:
Your location is listed on your posts. Dur.
I'll send you mine with the co-ordinates.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Wish I could get it working. I have to presume my distance from the airport (~40km "as the crow files") is the issue.. I can hear data bursts of varying intensities, from "was that a beep?" to having it just bark through the speakers quite lould and clear. The volume levels have been adjusted to the point where the acarsd status bar is between 9 and 15 with the scanner's squelch open (noisy). Not receiving a single hit, been running for several hours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.