Free phone calls with this ham radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

While most hams think their 25+ year old radio is still worth $5 less than they paid new, this guy takes the cake.thousands for a TM-742? I think not. Even with the 1.2GHz unit.

I have seen this same idiot make all these outrageous claims about free phone calls, and 3000 mile range.

The one common theme with his crap, is that it is priced about 1000x more than it is worth.

But, but, but... he has the only one for sale on the entire earth. That's gotta count for something.

wrath

We need to find out if this guy is really a ham because he makes trump look honest which reflects badly on those of us that are honest hard working people,

And I suppose it if I had that much money laying around I would buy it , and immediately get my money back because he is completely misrepresenting its functionality, that would stop him from doing this crap.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
What difference does it make whether or not the seller has an amateur radio license?

And, I fail to understand why people give this guy an audience. Look at all the free publicity he's getting from folks on social media talking about his absurd eBay ads. Just move on.

NC1

Oh, it's THAT guy again. He is up to his old tricks.

He had a similar scam a few months back with another piece of overpriced equipment.
It actually sold, but for best offer, so there was no actual selling price shown. He probably had a friend buy it for $1.00 so he could say it sold. LOL

Ask him some questions that will make him say what it actually is, watch the way he dances around with a reply but no real answer.

I'll give him credit for his salesmanship skills, it does rival the most sleaziest used car lot salespeople who would pimp their mother for 50 cents.

TheSpaceMann

There are a lot of sellers who list things for much more than they may actually be worth. Funny thing, they quite often will get buyers! Some buyers either don't really care about the price, or they just have money to burn! Hey, remember that guy who made millions selling pet rocks?? ;)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
You guys do realize that he writes those eBay listings like that purely for the entertainment value and exposure it gets, right?

cmdrwill

I inquired on Ebay, and:

message from: bird-carpenter (1,566Red Star)
I found mine it in a dumpster yesterday too! Way cool
hay! I will give you the sold link when it sells, I sold
a 941 for $2800 right her on ebay about 6 months ago dude..
Be patient and I will sell it! Wish i could find one
along side the road every day, wouldn't that be cool!

NC1

I can get a Baofeng UV-5R to go from 30.00 MHz to 999.98 MHz. (VHF 30-349.995, UHF 350-999.98)

That should be worth around anywhere from $1,200.00 - $1,800 if I give it the same type of description - because (as he says) "IT'S THE ONLY ONE, THERE ARE NO MORE"!

I'll accept $800 if you PM me, LOL

Otto

It means I hope I never get so bored that I go trolling eBay for weird sales...

Oh. Well to be fair to those who do troll eBay looking for these kind of ads, I just stumbled across it while checking out what kind of radios where being listed at the time. The ad caught my attention due to the asking price, then I clicked the item description...

k6cpo

I think whats annoying is that these get posted on multiple forums, often by the same individual. It just gets old after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.