free scan error

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
hello free scan users i am getting a critical error when downloading to my 996xt.........."critical error poss. caused by insufficient scanner resources aborting " it seems like every thing got downloaded correctly the scanner is operating correctly .this error window popped up as soon as it was done downloading ..........has anybody had this happen .......................thank you

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One reason this happens is that your 996XT is running out of memory space. This frequently happens if you use the 'ADD' function a lot, rather than 'REPLACE' when uploading. Another reason is that there are several quick keys that are pre-allocated with information - all of which is pretty much out of date now. Both of these will eat up memory space

You might also want to check out the limits on systems, sites and groups that the XT can handle - this is documented in the FS user guide, viz..

Moving DMA data to other radios in Freescan - the FS User's guide

I would suggest using the Erase all systems and settings (it's red on the top of the upload form) option then let FS do the upload

Mike

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Surprised you didn't contact me personally hehe.
Quick search on this website - "caused by insufficient scanner resources aborting "

Essentially that link says, don't go over 20 groups in a system or more than 500 talkgroups in one system.

I will add I had that problem before and it was a bad cable, replaced it, same programming went flawlessly.

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
thanks ron .....................i did clear all memory first i will retry

I was having the same issue. I tried everything I could think of(I'm using a USB to serial adapter with the Uniden serial cable).

Right before I gave up I tried changing USB ports on my laptop and that was the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.