Free Scan for Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ

Hi there new here but have been reading posts for sometime . I have searched for the download to my computer to load freescan for Windows 8 .

I have found other posts with links that don't work , does freescan no longer exist ? I am running a BC346XT and would like to be able to add more channels to it without paying a friend to do it again . And then also upload the thing to proscan .

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated , John from Canada .

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I've been using FreeScan on Win 8.1 since last November. Download from the previously mentioned URL. Works fine!

BBJ

Thank you all for the prompt reply's , I spent days searching for it and ended up downloading a virus ugh but thank you .

Now I have a second question I'm told that since I have loaded freescan I can now load Proscan which I have done and uploaded my scanner to it and can run my scanner through proscan , is anyone able to assist me with that ? I have been battling with this thing for a few days .

I really can appreciate this forum as many like minded people , this has been something I have been interested in since I was a kid , when I had a giant old scanner with dials and a 6 foot long antana and use to listen to people with there CB radios and the semis . So I decided to buy a new one and is just another hobby to the list of them . All of which are expensive LOL . Look forward to hearing back from someone if you would kindly assist me with my above question .

Thanks John

lost_in_maine

BBJ

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you I found that before you had posted , I just hadn't downloaded the right version of Proscan , looks like I need to subscribe to it and get a license in order to do what I want to , Thank you again this is a great forum .

You don't need to purchase i license to do what you want. The 30 day trial is fully functional.

BBJ

You don't need to purchase i license to do what you want. The 30 day trial is fully functional.

No big deal , I already bought the license , but it's not the end of the world . Now to figure out how to do the settings part of it like I mentioned before . I've been tinkering with it for a few days but don't want to screw it up or delete what I have on there . I talked to my friend who programmed my scanner for me . None the less I really like that proscan very neat . Thank you all for your assistance . I will read that pro scan thread more perhaps I will find the answer I'm looking for .

John .

Status
Not open for further replies.