Free SCAN issue with Virtual Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

I can't use freescan virtual scanner, for whatever reason it works for about a minute and then it says CANNOT ESTABLISH, BAD DATA or INCOMPATIBLE

BCD996XT MOT, 30B,0,2BFB,SID-3619

NEW SCANNER, NEW FIRM UPDATE.. Works under butel arc-xt demo..

Thanks
Brett Russo

brusso99

volume control, squelch and online go nuts when it does connect..

tried firmware update, tried 2 9 hold reset.. nothing works.. tried both serial and usb cables..

brusso99

I turned off extended and still same issues.. I turned of control channel log all together and issue has stopped.

Settings were

Off
ON
Extended..

I guess there is a new version but I can't find the numbers to compare. Anyways, I was having the same problem after the Uniden firmware update, and I checked for a FreeScan update and there is one. Click on Help at the top, then Check For Update.

Installed new version and everything is back to normal. Also there is RID logging!!

This is from the update notes, but I didn't bother as it works fine:

COM Port Trouble?

If you are using a USB-Serial adaptor, get the latest drivers for it. If your driver is made before 2008 it is too old and will lead to errors during upload and download. It is also recommended. It is also recommend that you open up your COM port settings in Device Manager, click on the Advanced button, and lower the UART threshold. Lower thresholds will improve communications reliability.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
That is the same thing that happened to me! After I loaded the new firmware, it started working just fine! Now if he can make a workaround on the 500 channels per TRS . . . .:)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I have noticed that virtual control doesn't work at all if logging is not turned on. I have already reported this issue on the Freescan forums.

Wierd but true 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.