Free Scan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I've programmed Uniden digital scanners before & experienced hardly any problems. However, today, when I tried to add conventional railroad frequencies for my state via import, it failed to show the details. I am attempting to program a Uniden D396T using Free Scan.

For instance, Union Pacific showed a broad group, but the individual frequencies were not present. I cannot fine tune the import because they are so broad. Is there something I've failed to check?

Well, I answered my own question. I thought you could see the various channels/talk groups before importing them. I had the railroad checked in the box which prevented them from being downloaded. I think that is the issue. I got them to download where I could see the individual channels. Now, I will assign a bank.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I have no problem importing the 3 Union Pacific groups.....whatever the web service has it set up, that's what you get. I de selected all the groups, then just selected the 3 UP groups to import. Worked fine. There's UP, UP Greater Houston, and the very last one is UP Dallas (I don't know why it presents it that way, it just does)

What do you mean 'the individual frequencies were not present' - they certainly were once I imported them. Where are you looking?

Are you looking in the tree at the left after the import? You may need to simply expand the groups

If you don't like how they're set up, use EZ Grab to copy the data the way you want it. It's fully defined in the user guide

Confused ?? Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.