Free scan to EZScan import problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

Hi, I've been trying to import free scan files to ez scan and am having issues, I've included a screen shot, but see if I am doing this wrong, I export files from free scan into excel and change the columns to frequency alpha tag and mode, then save that to a csv file then import that to ezscan, then i hit import and nothing happens, just a blank screen, so I am I doing something wrong? I've also tried to just copy and paste within excel to ezscan and same result, what am I missing??

thanks Paul

Attachments

• EZScan.jpg
    EZScan.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 326

NM9X

Hi, I've been trying to import free scan files to ez scan and am having issues, I've included a screen shot, but see if I am doing this wrong, I export files from free scan into excel and change the columns to frequency alpha tag and mode, then save that to a csv file then import that to ezscan, then i hit import and nothing happens, just a blank screen, so I am I doing something wrong? I've also tried to just copy and paste within excel to ezscan and same result, what am I missing??

thanks Paul

I also tried importing from both csv and txt files without success. I don't get error messages just get no result - blank.

pdeveau2010

You do not need the first line: Frequency - Alpha Tag - Mode
Also 'Off' is not a valid mode... Try 'FM'..

Mike

Hi Mike, just tried that, eliminated first line and also put in fm, still no luck, when I hit import it just disappears and nothing on the conventional screen just blank, no errors, Has anyone successfully imported from free scan??? and if so, can you post what you did exactly. Thanks Paul

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
The import process might not like the blank entries on the csv. Make sure row 1 has data and there are no blanks. The sort tool in excel can make rapid work of eliminating blanks.

edit: nevermind I just tried - and it imported 1511 frequencies from one of my freescan files to EZScan. I removed the top 10 rows of the CSV file to create blank rows, and didn't edit anything else except map frequency, alpha tag, tone (didn't work), and scanlist (didn't really work). But about 10 seconds later they all showed up in my conventional list. So not sure if blank rows are the issue as I know my CSV has blanks (and a bunch of non-conforming data that EZScan didn't even flinch an eye at apparently.

Last edited:

G7HID

Hi Mike, just tried that, eliminated first line and also put in fm, still no luck, when I hit import it just disappears and nothing on the conventional screen just blank, no errors, Has anyone successfully imported from free scan??? and if so, can you post what you did exactly. Thanks Paul

The screen disappearing is Whistlers way of letting you know it has found an error importing.. no error message - nothing!

Mike

pdeveau2010

still not working

I followed everyones advice, still no luck importing from free scan, really upset, should be easy right? I really think this ezscan software and TRX-1 hate me.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
How many lines are you trying to import?

pdeveau2010

ok I finally got it

alright, my problem was I was not changing the proper columns within ezscan, once I did that it imported, I was only changing the excel export . so its now working for me, I really think whistler should have done a better job with the software or at least made a EZScan for dummies.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Paul

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
I copy and paste into Excel, from Freescan.
Then I copy just the frequencies and description and paste to the Whistler software.
No .cvs file needed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
alright, my problem was I was not changing the proper columns within ezscan, once I did that it imported, I was only changing the excel export . so its now working for me, I really think whistler should have done a better job with the software or at least made a EZScan for dummies.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Paul

Actually EZ-Scan is documented as part of the scanner to which it's married in the Easier to Read manuals; however I don't know whether this particular topic was ever covered.

This would make a good addition to our wiki (hint hint)

Mark's Scanners

Mike

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Status
Not open for further replies.