Free Users - Turn off your ad blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR-94

Is RR/broadcastify collecting and paying internet sales tax on membership revenues?

Last edited:

fantasma25

In my opinion, both sides have valid points. I guess it is now up to each particular individual to do what they feel is right for them individually. It's his site, let the man do with it as he chooses. No one is being forced to come to this site. We come because we find something that we need, that simple.
Malware does exist in some ads as depicted on the article below.

TDR-94

We don't collect it - but we do pay sales tax.

But what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I wouldn't know I don't ever plan on buying tea "in" China.

I was just curious if the subscription revenue met the threshold of sales requirement of over $100,000 in any particular state to have to collect internet sales tax.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Buddrousa is right but it seems that more and more people have developed that sense of entitlement. I may not use this site as much as much as many but I realize that it's not a free ride. I'm getting ready to drive to Michigan and I took the time to look at the encryption status of some of the cities I'll be traveling through. (I looked and it's too many but that for another thread.) I've researched the use of filters in my SDS scanners. I've gleaned some microphone and SWR information for the Yaesu in my car. It's been good information and I'm willing to pay for it.

To be perfectly candid, I've also received information that, in the vernacular, sucks but I learned long ago that there are certain people whose information is always accurate and credible.

TDR-94

RR isn't a fact checked site. It's like any other internet "media" site/forum, where any of the submitted info, from anyone, could be inaccurate or incorrect.

Last edited:

paulears

The snag with paying for premium membership for any internet forum is that they frequently just vanish, or they are a revenue stream that gets a bit out of hand. A few tens of thousands of $2.50 means it isn't a hobby, or a fly by night but a serious almost job. Keeping that income steady or growing becomes the passion and while this forum is interesting, for me, losing access would be a bit annoying but I'd not lose sleep. I pay happily for resources that help me, but I tend to join forums to help other people who are stuck, if I can - so I feel my contributions in content are my 'entry fee'. I'm using Safari - with no ad blocker and nothing here really annoys me, so whatever ads there are, probably go unnoticed in the main, unlike some other forums. I'm also in the UK and a large section of the whole site is little use to me. I've never heard of many of the places, I don't know the FCC rules very well, so again - another reason paying anything is out of the question. It isn't the money, it's giving it to people I don't know. Forums are communities, and I've been looking at old bookmarks for forums I used to use - some I totally forgot about. Forums and the new popular clever versions are just nice places to be. One of my favourites changed software, started adding new gizmos and features and ruined the entire thing and now the clever, wonderful complex place has no traffic.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Any info or advice I've ever given here is certainly bad or misleading.
I agree. I was mislead when I compared with other operators! Other amateurs I know that have not followed your advice, or read/heard it in the first place have spent more money with less satisfaction on their results. You and your advice about antennas, filters, analyzers, coax and the lot is totally based on fact and experience. Who has time to pay attention to that! It's people like you who give forums like this a name. These CB'ers who think they know everything and some of them do.

emt_531

For what it's worth, I believe that members who clearly contribute to the site forums via their thousands of informational posts should be offered a free RR subscription.

TDR-94

I don't consider inaccurate or incorrect info to be "purposefully" misleading.I meant that information or data can be incorrectly interpreted, acquired or submitted. Anyone can make a mistake or can acquire incorrect or inaccurate information. Sites like these pool information from a multitude of people and resources. RR isn't fact checking this information, so it's quite possible to obtain incorrect or inaccurate information from this site.

Last edited:

Xray

Guess I'd be raking in all I can while I can too if my income was derived from a forum/companies which will soon drive everything LE/emergency related encrypted and thus, obsolete [outside of railroads and civil air, of course]

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I and I believe many others know what you meant. This thread is simply being used to vent, just as the OP intended. One should not take comments made on an Internet forum personally, even if they appear or are that way. Just like I am not writing directly to you. It simply isn't worth it as there are more important things. Also, always remember that voice inflection is missing with comments and people can misinterpret playful sarcasm. Well, I'll bet the moderators would love to vent a worthy truckload, but they mostly don't and that's why they're fantastic. I can only imagine the lame messages/complaints they get. They keep it reigned in as much as they can, and rightly crush some of us underfoot amongst themselves.

I too do not believe members purposely mislead, but many believe what they write and they can be very incorrect. Members like myself. Still, arguments are beneficial, as long as there is critical thinking going on behind it.

RR relies on the members to fact check each other as well as themselves. If we're doing it right it should help with understanding versus a poor critique. Anyways, forums are the best thing the Internet has to offer. Well, the quality of the input/feedback and the moderation are key.

I don't consider inaccurate or incorrect info to be "purposefully" misleading.I meant that information or data can be incorrectly interpreted, acquired or submitted. Anyone can make a mistake or can acquire incorrect or inaccurate information. Sites like these pool information from a multitude of people and resources. RR isn't fact checking this information, so it's quite possible to obtain incorrect or inaccurate information from this site.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Any info or advice I've ever given here is certainly bad or misleading.

No kidding Mike! Weren't you the guy that told the internet if you cut open a 6V lantern battery you'll find 32 "AA" batteries inside? :ROFLMAO:

Bill :D

1626945941923.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.