Free Users - Turn off your ad blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guess I'd be raking in all I can while I can too if my income was derived from a forum/companies which will soon drive everything LE/emergency related encrypted and thus, obsolete [outside of railroads and civil air, of course]
you strike me as someone who would be a good test case to require a premium subscription to use the site. I'll start developing the code next week and use your account.

People who walk into other people's houses to talk smack should probably at least pay a toll at the front door in place of getting smacked in the mouth.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I may or may not choose to run Ad Blockers. But more to the point, I don't see value in the Premium Subscription any longer.

Why?

In past years I paid for the subscription and that helped me establish my core set of frequencies and talkgroups. But as far as any new information I need...I obtain it incrementally, either manually or via other tools. The need to "get it all" doesn't work for me because not much changes in my selective listening habits. So that's why I no longer pay.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I may or may not choose to run Ad Blockers. But more to the point, I don't see value in the Premium Subscription any longer.

Why?

In past years I paid for the subscription and that helped me establish my core set of frequencies and talkgroups. But as far as any new information I need...I obtain it incrementally, either manually or via other tools. The need to "get it all" doesn't work for me because not much changes in my selective listening habits. So that's why I no longer pay.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

Xray

you strike me as someone who would be a good test case to require a premium subscription to use the site. I'll start developing the code next week and use your account.

People who walk into other people's houses to talk smack should probably at least pay a toll at the front door in place of getting smacked in the mouth.

And I quote [YOU]: " You want to put me on blast? Bring it! " " I'm totally cool with you venting in public to me about some of my decisions " " I posted this encouraging the hate.... I literally asked for it "

Oh sheesh, talk tough but you got glass skin when it comes to *you know what*, and you know its true. You are driving, and have long driven, the final nails into the coffin of LE monitoring with your business model, and then what when its gone ?

I could give a rats ass less if you ban me, and I'd more than likely knock you far into next week if you tried your cheap tough guy act in real life, you look and sound like a pampered geek. BTW I have had a premium sub in years gone by so I have put some $$ into your pocket. I don't get much use out of premium features and have already explained my stance on charity/donations. Go ahead, require me and all those with views you can't stomach to pay - I will delete all bookmarks and references to this site and forget about you like a fart in the wind ,, Then you can have the echo chamber that all girly men require.

"Bring it ! Go ahead and vent !" Yeah right - When it comes down to it you are just the sensitive control freak on a power trip like all admins.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
grow up, I know EXACTLY what was being said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to respect you and your knowledge, guess I was mistaken !!!
Seems that your username is kind of ironic. Perhaps you should take it down a few notches with the outrage and excessive exclamation points.

Oh and to echo @KevinC, @mmckenna still has the respect of many of us here, so one angry guy's opinion isn't going to hurt his feelings, I'm sure of that.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm sure of that.

You are correct.

This is becoming my new favorite discussion to visit.

I'll deal with the ads or adblock warnings as long as I feel like it. No one is forcing me to be here. My goal has been to repay into the system that taught me so much over the years and lead to a rewarding career. This is a good site to do that, but it's not the only site. I'm not going to stomp away mad.

Remember, folks, deep breaths….

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
And I quote [YOU]: " You want to put me on blast? Bring it! " " I'm totally cool with you venting in public to me about some of my decisions " " I posted this encouraging the hate.... I literally asked for it "

Oh sheesh, talk tough but you got glass skin when it comes to *you know what*, and you know its true. You are driving, and have long driven, the final nails into the coffin of LE monitoring with your business model, and then what when its gone ?

I could give a rats ass less if you ban me, and I'd more than likely knock you far into next week if you tried your cheap tough guy act in real life, you look and sound like a pampered geek. BTW I have had a premium sub in years gone by so I have put some $$ into your pocket. I don't get much use out of premium features and have already explained my stance on charity/donations. Go ahead, require me and all those with views you can't stomach to pay - I will delete all bookmarks and references to this site and forget about you like a fart in the wind ,, Then you can have the echo chamber that all girly men require.

"Bring it ! Go ahead and vent !" Yeah right - When it comes down to it you are just the sensitive control freak on a power trip like all admins.
Oh yeah! My daddy can beat up your daddy!

Xray

Oh yeah! My daddy can beat up your daddy!

In case you didn't notice, YOU are the one who started with the tough guy **** "pay a toll at the front door in place of getting smacked in the mouth." Yeah, with your juvenile vibe I am kinda expecting mother insults next.

But whatever about that, unless you want to fly up to Detroit we will likely never meet. I have my views which were suppressed until you allegedly invited everyone to let it all hang out, I did and now here we are with a ban threat and physical threat - WTG, Adolf Jr !
Your code to implore people to join or disable blockers is not so bad, 1 click and its gone ,, Maybe you should require 3 clicks to annoy guys like me who will never pony up $$ to put in your pocket into putting you and this site in the rear view ?

Status
Not open for further replies.