Free Users - Turn off your ad blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
What I'd ideally like to see is that web-sites embed their ads so it is one stream to the client. The present way with ad servers involved is what makes ad blockers so effective in the first place. I often see a site/page taking a long time to load as it is "waiting" on a response from an ad server.

When logged in through a corporate connection, I don't have ads, nor an ad blocker per se. Some sites recognize I am not seeing ads, while others do not. Between the fact that many ads never make it to their intended eyes, and there is so much malware in ads; embedding would solve those two+ issues.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Living about 15 minutes from the pizza capital of the world, New Haven CT, near Pepe's, Sally's and Modern, that pizza looks absolutely disgusting.
Pizza Capital of the world? Chicago would like to talk to you for a minute. Hands down the best Pizza I've ever had was Giordano's in Chicago, better than New Haven pizza. (Which is better than most places....)

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Chicago is crap, just like the mayor there.
It's sad really. A city with so much potential squandered by horrible, incompetent "leadership". What's sadder is that it's been that way for decades, seems like it's only getting worse.

k6cpo

The way I read it, if you're a paid member, this ad-blocker stuff doesn't apply. Correct? So, pay one way (by becoming a paid member) or pay another (by viewing ads). Sounds reasonable to me. I don't think the ads are atrocious, and all seem relevant to our hobby.

I have no issue with turning off my ad blocker IF it would meant I won't see the annoying pop-up that tells me to turn it off, even though I already have. As long as that continues, I'm leaving my blocker on.

GM

Premium Subscriber
For me, this site provides valuable contributions for the hobby and in fact I have benefitted from the ads at one point that were radio related by purchasing a radio advertised on eBay that came up as an ad on this site. While I am not currently a paying member, I do contribute to the database whenever I can, which is a way that I give back to the RR community since I directly benefit from the contributions from others. I look at it as team work.

My only "complaint" currently is with the Classifieds section. Sometimes I was unable to upload a photo directly from my digital camera because the file size was too big or not supported. I would also like to see Classified ads that are Sold/Closed/Expired after a time period, say 60 days to be removed from the Classifieds section. That way, the material is fresh and current, and if there is a problem with the sale, it can be resolved/archived by RR management if need be during that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.