Free Windows 10 upgrade is still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

For those still running Windows 7, which support officially ends on January 14, 2020, the free upgrade to Windows 10 is still available.
You can go to this Web site Windows 10 and download the Update Assistant which will upgrade your current operating system to Windows 10 (Home, Pro, etc). You won't lose any system files or folders, it just upgrades the operating system.
After you upgrade, you can also do a clean install of Windows 10 by downloading the Media Creation Tool on that same Web page posted earlier.

I love Windows 7 and still use it on my older PC, the newer PC was just upgraded due to business issues.

We will all have to switch eventually if we stay with Windows software.
Good Luck and Happy New Year!

RT48

Yup, I upgraded my last Win 7 PC last February after reading this article:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I made a clone of a hard drive that has win7 pro on it and tried to do the upgrade to win10 pro and it wouldn't work so I had to reformat it and start over with win10 pro and someone gave me a key they bought online I don't like win10 too much most of the stuff I use either have to buy upgrades or download another program to use it for videos and pix :(

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Just a helpful tip, the pro version is slightly better than the home version. Pro makes it a bit easier to skip over the forced system updates if you don't want to be subjected to them. It also has some better privacy options.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I bit the bullet and upgraded my 10-year-old Acer Netbook from Windows 7 to 10 a couple of weeks ago. The computer isn't fast but I only use it for radio programming and operating a Raytheon ACU-1000. It took a total of 5 hours to complete the process. It barely met the minimum requirements for Windows 10.

I bought the computer new and it's been an amazing machine. I've always had completely trouble-free operation and the battery lasts a minimum of 6 hours.

After Microsoft announced that they had filed divorce proceedings from Windows 7, I went looking for a replacement for the Acer. Bellieve it or not, Walmart came through (although I'm sure the same machine is sold under other names). I have a Motile 14", 2.6 GHz with solid-state drive and it cost $199 (with next-day delivery). It has no bloatware. For the money, it may be one of the best I've ever seen. Having said that, I'm still using the Acer for radio programming but I've got a dynamite machine for backup if I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.