freeport question

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrek_lee_25

is freeport pd/fd/ems trunked im going there monday to watch my dad umpire a high school softball game and i was going to bring my pro 95 also would i be able to pick up rockford

BCFlash

I doubt if you will pick up much Rockford city traffic in Freeport if you are using a handheld scanner antenna, the distance is just a little far. However, Winnebago County (the county Rockford is in) has some powerful transmitters, try 154.755, 155.19 and 155.415 for sheriff's units and some of the suburban/rural towns. County suburban/rural fire depts. on 154.19 and 154.37 might also be heard. There is very little public safety trunking in this area, except for the IL State Police Starcom system which requires a digital scanner to monitor. You would, however, definitely hear the ISP dispatcher on 155.475, which is the statewide freq. known as ISPERN for APBs, pursuits, severe weather warnings and other important info broadcasts.

Last edited:

derrek_lee_25

the game we are going to is in dakota if it matters but we will be going through freeport

Last edited:

BCFlash

You'd have to provide more information for us to work with. There is very little UHF public safety in that area. You do have medical channels, including data, and some utilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.