FreeSCAN 0.8C Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuerror

FreeSCAN 0.8C
This new version includes a number of fixes and enhancements. You do not have to uninstall your previous version prior to installing this one.

Direct Download:
http://scannow.org/files/FreeSCAN-0.8c.msi

.8B/C Fixes/Improvements
-------------------------
RadioReference Web Service Import:
-New: Added All/None selection buttons
-New: Status bar keeps you informed of what the download is doing
-New: NAC Codes are now imported from RR
-New: Empty conventional groups automatically skipped on import
-Bug Fix: Some data would get saved before being properly sanitized & resulting in corrupt files.
-Bug Fix: Some mixed-mode analogue systems being set to P25

General Changes:
-New: You can set emergency light pattern on trunk systems
-New: Set P25 Wait Time on all systems (for 396XT)
-New: Enable/Disable P25 Low-Pass filter on 396XT
-New: Set control channel logging options on XT Scanners
-Bug Fix: NAC Code Uploading/Downloading now should work
-Bug Fix: Code search option in preferences screen wasn't saving
-Bug Fix: Close call Delay setting wasn't listing all available times
-Bug Fix: "Mode 3" display support for XT scanners now selectable
-Bug Fix: Alert light pattern was not getting uploaded/downloaded right
-Bug Fix: EZ Grab would sometimes insert an empty conventional channel
-Bug Fix: You can now set priority for TGID Channels
-Bug Fix: Can't clear global lockout frequencies
-Bug Fix: Find function now works more proper
-Bug Fix: Importing some types of FreeSCAN files could result in an error
-Bug Fix: Mode indication in virtual control would get covered up by other text
-Bug Fix: Audio type not set when downloading TGIDs from 396XT
-Bug Fix: Occasional "Critical Error" and no tone import from .mem/m96 files
-Other bug fixes and improvements

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Thanks for the hard work Assaf!

Folks, don't forget to turn the Control Channel Monitor feature off in the settings or FreeScan will not see the radio on the com port. Even in the automatic port scanner it will only see garbage.

BigC801

Would there be a way to set all ch's in a conv system to digital or analog instead of having to click on each ch and change it, and for virtual control to log nac hits.

W6KRU

Would there be a way to set all ch's in a conv system to digital or analog instead of having to click on each ch and change it, and for virtual control to log nac hits.

I am waiting on this as well. NAC logging was one of the main reasons I wanted an XT. In anticipation of this being fixed in .8C I did a freq. fill for 162 -174 MHz last night and changed about 1000 channels to digital one at a time. Oh well.

BigC801

I am waiting on this as well. NAC logging was one of the main reasons I wanted an XT. In anticipation of this being fixed in .8C I did a freq. fill for 162 -174 MHz last night and changed about 1000 channels to digital one at a time. Oh well.

lol I did the same thing bud my right fingers hurt from all the clicking.

Last edited:

cpuerror

Certainly seems like it is a desired feature so I will add it in a future version.

In the mean time for anyone wishing to set a large number of channels to digital, what you do is paste them to excel, then in one column you the Filldown feature to fill it with the word P25. Use EZ Grab to bring the data back into FreeSCAN. In EZ Grab, set the column with "P25" to "Modulation" (should do it automatically though) and click on Import. When EZ Grab finds P25 in the modulation column it will set the channel to digital automatically. Wish I could have told you this a bit earlier DDan, I didn't know you were doing 1000 channels though.

lol I did the same thing bud my right fingers hurt have all the clicking.

fmalloy

Total newbie here - I just downloaded data for my area into FreeScan yesterday for the first time.

I ran into an issue where I am seeing a number of blank groups for conventional entries after importing from RR - all I see is an empty gray screen for these groups. Does this update fix that?

I should say I did an Import from RR Conventional, not EZ Grab.

Can I just delete the groups that appear blank?

EDIT: Just notice the note:

-New: Empty conventional groups automatically skipped on import

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
WOW - major bugs I noticed here - I loaded a bunch more systems into the scanner tonight, and stopped for a dinner break.

When I launched the program again, it was prompted to update, which I did. I read the scanner back into the software to get rid of the old Butel system-wide QK's, and every Moto UHF system came up as 'Moto Custom\Rebanded', all P25 systems lost their CC-Only setting, and every system that has digital talkgroups lost the custom setting of 'Digital Only'! :confused::confused::confused:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks for the hard work Assaf!

Folks, don't forget to turn the Control Channel Monitor feature off in the settings or FreeScan will not see the radio on the com port. Even in the automatic port scanner it will only see garbage.

Where is this, Dave? This is the sort of detail that belongs in the user guide 73 Mike

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
WOW - major bugs I noticed here - I loaded a bunch more systems into the scanner tonight, and stopped for a dinner break.

When I launched the program again, it was prompted to update, which I did. I read the scanner back into the software to get rid of the old Butel system-wide QK's, and every Moto UHF system came up as 'Moto Custom\Rebanded', all P25 systems lost their CC-Only setting, and every system that has digital talkgroups lost the custom setting of 'Digital Only'! :confused::confused::confused:

First of all, thanks for this great program!

I imported my old 996 butel files, all good! THANKS!

I did notice that even if I set the tgid to "digital only", it is not carrying over to the scanner. I then have to go into the scanner manually and set the tgid to "digital only".

Much like Scott mentioned above.

Thanks!

cpuerror

If you are having probs with the TGIDs being set to digital, just redownload and reinstall and it should fix the problem.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'll give that a try. I read the scanner back in on the first 0.8C version I got during the update prompt, and it set EVERY TGID on EVERY system to digital after the read was complete! :lol:

jnewell

Still does not seem to write the LED alert status correctly? I'm setting and saving as "slow blink" but it writes to the radio and resets the software to "on." ???

W2SJW

Database Admin
Assaf,

Just a quick question, so that I know I'm not loosing my mind with this unit here when it comes to P25 systems. I believe that the strange behavior I see is actually changes to the new unit's design & not your software! :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you set a system as 'P25 Standard', you no longer have the ability to set these kinds of settings via the scanner's own menu (regardless that they still are present in your software).

1 - The ability to set a system as 'CC-Only'.
2 - The ability to set a 'P25 Wait Time'.
3 - The ability to set the modulation format (always comes up NFM for the UHF systems here in NJ).
4 - The ability to set an 'End Code' preference.
5 - The ability to recognize status bits (I know that P25 systems do not use them).

If I got those right, I'll go back in my little hole & mind my own business! :D

jnewell

jnewell, is this an old file you are loading up? I would try creating a new one and see if the problem persists.

Yes, though it's got literally dozens of hours of retyping alpha tags and other information...if I have to recreate it from scratch it will be a huge job.... :(

Edit to add: yes, tried creating a new file from scratch with just a few systems (conventional) in it and the software still doesn't save the setting. If I set alert to slow blink, then save and close the file, it is "on" (blink setting lost) when I reopen the fie. It could be user error, but I don't think so? :confused:

Further edit: tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software - no change.

Last edited:

cpuerror

Would you mind trying this with a couple of TGIDs to see if the problem occurs there as well?

Yes, though it's got literally dozens of hours of retyping alpha tags and other information...if I have to recreate it from scratch it will be a huge job.... :(

Edit to add: yes, tried creating a new file from scratch with just a few systems (conventional) in it and the software still doesn't save the setting. If I set alert to slow blink, then save and close the file, it is "on" (blink setting lost) when I reopen the fie. It could be user error, but I don't think so? :confused:

Further edit: tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software - no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.