FreeSCAN 0.9H available

Download at:
ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

What's New

.9H
==================
-New: Added state support for bct15/bct15x
-New: Added support for system-level TGID lockouts
-New: Systems that have been changed since last download are now automatically selected for upload
-New: "Skip Tags" When downloading channels using the RadioReference Web Service, you can select Skip Tags. Any channel with one of these tags (such as HAM) will be automatically skipped by FreeSCAN.
-Change: The size of the RR Web Import dialog boxes has been reduced to more easily fit on Netbook screens
-Change: Control Channel Only mode now on by default
-Fix: TGID Priority setting was not getting downloaded
-Fix: & character would crash Ez Grab
-Fix: Allow creation of multigroup LTR systems
-Fix: Channels pasting backwards
-Fix: Can't set FTO delay to infinite
-Fix: FTO ATT always gets turned on
-Other bug fixes & improvements

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Awesome Assaf! :cool:
As always thanks for the improvements and hard work
you put into Freescan!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

MetalCarnage

Upload Problems?

Upgraded to .9H and now when i try and upload to my 396T it gets to about 3% memory and fails with a message about the scanners memory being full, even when i cancel the upload and check the memory usage on the actually scanner it only says 3-4%, tried this a couple times and the same thing happened. I have been using freescan for ages now with this scanner and never had the issue before until upgrading? Any ideas?

MetalCarnage

As an update, uninstalled, reinstalled and also reinstalled the firmware on the 396 just for good measure, all installed fine but same result, gets to a couple percent then stalls and fails upload

cpuerror

Could you be uploading more TGIDs per system then what the scanner can handle?

Upgraded to .9H and now when i try and upload to my 396T it gets to about 3% memory and fails with a message about the scanners memory being full, even when i cancel the upload and check the memory usage on the actually scanner it only says 3-4%, tried this a couple times and the same thing happened. I have been using freescan for ages now with this scanner and never had the issue before until upgrading? Any ideas?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I downloaded my entire 396XT configuration earlier this morning and modified it, then sent it back. I noticed when I sent it back that the programming ("upload to scanner") screen was not set to "erase scanner before sending". It might be possible you have multiple copies of your systems filling up your scanner memory.

Also, watch what system it's uploading when it says 'memory full', then check that system to see if everything in it looks right.

MetalCarnage

Ok, and you are using firmware version 3?

Using the most recent firmware, 3.02.02 and i always select the "erase scanner before uploading blah blah" option everytime i re-upload. This time all i did, as a test, was start a new file, import the Bell Fleetnet System for Ontario, Canada through the import from RR function and try to upload just that, still no luck

mrkelso

Just to drop you a note to let you know that i tried uploading,downloading, changing things and uploading and see no glitches at all on the 996XT

MetalCarnage

Alright, can you quote the exact error message? This will help me track down where it is coming from...

When i get home tonight from work i will try again and write the message down, but in non-exact terms i think it said "Failed to upload blah blah (=Group Name), scanner memory full". Didnt give any codes or anything, but i will check it tonight.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Metal, Have you unloaded and wiped the pre-loaded systems from active memory? It's a real space waster, particularly if these systems aren't in your area; and at least some of them have changed since the 396 was released, making the entries a bit dated anyway. 73 Mike

MetalCarnage

Metal, Have you unloaded and wiped the pre-loaded systems from active memory? It's a real space waster, particularly if these systems aren't in your area; and at least some of them have changed since the 396 was released, making the entries a bit dated anyway. 73 Mike

Did a full reset on the 396 and chose not to load preprogrammed information onto the scanner, as a check i looked at the memory usage which showed 0% on the scanner itself when i began the upload process.

cpuerror

When i get home tonight from work i will try again and write the message down, but in non-exact terms i think it said "Failed to upload blah blah (=Group Name), scanner memory full". Didnt give any codes or anything, but i will check it tonight.

See if you can find the exact message.. I wonder if you could be trying to upload more then 20 groups?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I also have a 396T with 3.02.02 firmware, and did a complete unload, made a minor change, then reloaded making sure the Erase option was turned on. It all went without a hitch.

Metal, I think the only way to diagnose this issue is to attach a copy of your .996 file (when you reply, there's a button called 'Manage Attachments'); zip (compress) it up and let Assaf (and others) see your programming. Otherwise it's a shot in the dark 73 Mike

MetalCarnage

I apologize for all the help you guys gave, as it turns out, the laptop i was using has issues with the USB timing out every couple minutes, and this was what was causing all the issues. Although the message did say it was because the scanner was full, it was in fact the USB port turning off mid load. THanks

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Premium Subscriber
...with the USB timing out every couple minutes, ...

How did you fix it and is that a programmable feature ???

I have a similar issue using a BCD396XT and Pro96Com where the software doesn't get any data from the scanner and it stops decoding after an certain amount of time .... The scanner is staying on and in decoding mode ...

Last edited:

MetalCarnage

How did you fix it and is that a programmable feature ???

I have a similar issue using a BCD396XT and Pro96Com where the software doesn't get any data from the scanner and it stops decoding after an certain amount of time .... The scanner is staying on and in decoding mode ...

I fixed it by using my Desktop, which has no USB power save functions, lol. I knew my desktop worked fine in the past, so i switched to it, the laptop i was using i had never used to program the scanner before so i didnt really have a desire to try and "fix" the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.