FreeSCAN 0.9I Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
J version

Is anyone having trouble installing the new version?

Just now was the first time I was able to use it in a few days, and I said yes when it asked if I wanted to download the new version. I then closed the open freescan, and installed from the downloaded .msi file. I started freescan up again and it asked if I wanted to download the newest version. When it finished starting up it was still version H.

So I thought it might have just installed the I version separately and instead of the shortcut starting I, maybe it was using the H version. So I completely uninstalled freescan, and then retried installing from the downloaded I version .msi file. Still, though, it is installing as version H.

Is anyone else having this problem. I'm using Vista by the way.

I have the i version and it asked to update to j and I said OK and it installs. When I open the program again it asks if I want to update (HUH) and it is still the i version.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have the i version and it asked to update to j and I said OK and it installs. When I open the program again it asks if I want to update (HUH) and it is still the i version.

Uninstall 0.9I before installing 0.9J. Go to Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs, depending on your version of Windows) and uninstall any/all versions of FreeSCAN showing up on your machine.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Thanks

Uninstall 0.9I before installing 0.9J. Go to Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs, depending on your version of Windows) and uninstall any/all versions of FreeSCAN showing up on your machine.

Thanks Jay911, I just did that appears the J update installs to its own folder thus putting both version on the computer. Meaning the shortcuts I was using to open the program was using the i version. I uninstalled BOTH versions and reinstalled from the J version file I had saved. I had assumed it would just update like it had done before when I updated to the i version. Again thanks for the help!

KC9LVX

garys

Premium Subscriber
I installed the J version this morning and it works well, except for one thing. When I start virtual control on my 396XT, the scanner goes into hold mode and stops on the first "channel", which is the first memory slot on the first system in the scanner. I have to restart scanning by pressing the scan/search virtual button.

cpuerror

I installed the J version this morning and it works well, except for one thing. When I start virtual control on my 396XT, the scanner goes into hold mode and stops on the first "channel", which is the first memory slot on the first system in the scanner. I have to restart scanning by pressing the scan/search virtual button.

This is actually a side effect of FreeSCAN making sure that control channel output is turned off before turning on VC. You can turn this check off under Preferences, but if you connect to the scanner with CCO on then that can lead to crashes and other problems.

garys

Premium Subscriber
This is actually a side effect of FreeSCAN making sure that control channel output is turned off before turning on VC. You can turn this check off under Preferences, but if you connect to the scanner with CCO on then that can lead to crashes and other problems.

Thanks. I'd have to mount a nation wide search to find the CC Output function, so I'm safe turning it off! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.