FreeSCAN 0.9K Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuerror

This version includes new features, improvements and bug fixes.

What's New?
==========
-Audio Recording! No, your modem is not malfunctioning, I said Audio Recording!
-Record scanner audio in MP3 format with fully customizable file name and files organized into auto generated directories
-Virtual Control Improvements:
-Settings, such as to log or not, are now saved and recalled in your next session
-In the review tab, RSSI is now a calculated average value of all the hits
-Log data is now retained even after you close the log window and reopen it
-The UID if available is now also logged in the linear log
-You can now start virtual control from the command line. Enter freescan.exe /? for more information.
-Additional changes:
-Improved support for the UBC3500XLT
-A warning is now displayed if your regional settings are incompatible
-FreeSCAN preferences are now setup under are Edit * Preferences
-Fix for importing UASD files causing the Audio Type to not be set correctly with certain formats
-Other bug fixes and improvements

FreeSCAN on Twitter
===============
Be sure to be the first to know of the latest developments and news by subscribing to the FreeSCAN twitter feed.

http://twitter.com/freescan

More Notes About Audio Recording
=========================
Before you can use this feature, you must set it up and tell FreeSCAN which sound card device to use.
If you make any changes in that dialog box, you need to click Apply for them to take effect.
The linear log will show the recorded file name. However in some cases this will be blank. When there are two
transmissions in quick succession, they can be optionally combined into one MP3 file to keep the number of files
built up to a minimum. As a result, this line would be blank.

Visit http://scannow.org to download.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'll start working on the guide next week, Assaf - I'm going to be traveling for Mother's Day - however, here are 2 important additions to your 'More Notes' topic;

Uniden DMA FAQ Page 2 - The RadioReference Wiki

Connecting Radios to Soundcards - The RadioReference Wiki

The first link has what to do when you hear popping or other noises when you connect to the radios. In most cases, the jacks (particularly on the handhelds, evidently) are hot, and have to be isolated. The next one addresses more general questions about connecting scanners to soundcards

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...I'm getting a not found error when I click on the file name in the downloads page 73 Mike

cpuerror

Thanks for that link on connecting scanners to sound card. I have a feeling like it will come in handy. For the 404, just try it again, had a server problem but it should be working now.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Been having a problem getting FreeScan to play nice with my BCD396XT since about...0.9H or I. If I turn off Careful I/O, the scanner has a really bad habit of borking itself during up or download. The error I commonly get is:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

In H and earlier, I could upload/download perfectly fine w/o Careful I/O.

Thoughts?

PS, I will add I'm using a Prolific 2303 USB->Serial converter. I've used these for everything and never had a problem before, so I doubt this is causing the issues.

cpuerror

Hi Kumba. My advice is to keep the Careful I/O on if it works fine that way. Turning it off speeds up downloading by about 10% on systems with reliable serial ports, otherwise it makes no difference.

cpuerror

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Going to look into this further and get back to you. I have to get someone with the same model scanner to do some experiments.

great on that cpu
It's not a real big deal, just have to go into the radio and change every mot2 system back to 0ms every time I change the radio program. (I hate that 400ms. delay in searching for the Control Channel every time it hits on the system). I have learned to only upload the systems that I actually make changes to so I don't have to fix every one. But once and a while I do a whole radio overhaul, like centering everything and do the auto optimize for faster scan speed. That is when I have do do the major fix.
Bob

Dewey

GREAT UPDATE, THANKS!!! Any chance on getting a customizable date/time format for the recorded files in a future release? I know it's a personal preference, but I like to do my dates-times as YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS for sorting purposes when I look in a directory.

cg

Premium Subscriber
recording file format will not put a UID into file name. Instead it appears as:
_uid_
I used the %uid% field and tried it in several locations within the file name. I am seeing the IDs in the log but not in the filenames. It is in a Motorola Omnilink system if that matters. Thanks.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
one other thing with the UIDs, is that there are no leading zeros on UIDs less than 10000. As a result, they get sorted in the log by the first digit
etc
If it were possible to insert leading zeros, the sort would be accurate.

chris

cpuerror

recording file format will not put a UID into file name. Instead it appears as:
_uid_
I used the %uid% field and tried it in several locations within the file name. I am seeing the IDs in the log but not in the filenames. It is in a Motorola Omnilink system if that matters. Thanks.

chris

Next version will get this, thanks for letting me know.

mitbr

Could you elaborate on what you mean? Not sure what you mean by no tab, as EZ Grab does not use any tabs.

If you select a new system then click on the ez grab button on the ez grab screen the import into,and close and
clear all buttons are there but the copy from clip board button is missing.
Thanks
Tim
kg4jjs

Status
Not open for further replies.