FreeSCAN 2.06 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuerror

FreeSCAN 2.06 Available
===============

It has been months and almost 7000 downloads since FreeSCAN 2.05 came out. We now have version 2.06, which you can download at ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

Whats New?
-New: GPS System plotter. Draws all of your systems/sites & ranges on one Google map. (See under Tools * GPS System Plotter)
-New: Logging has enhanced playback controls.
-New: On RR Web Import, you can now enable the Use GPS flag to be on by default on all imported systems
-Improved: GPS input has been redone. You know enter the coordinates in decimal format vs the old hour/minute/second/direction system.
-This makes it easier to import and export coordinates, and much easier to copy and paste as well.
-Improved: RR Conventional import will now copy coordinates from the main system to individual groups if none are available on import.
-This helps improve GPS support on XT scanners.
-Fix: Find bugs
-Fix: Some county agencies may not always download coordinate information
-Other bug fixes and improvements.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Right on!

Whats New?
-New: GPS System plotter. Draws all of your systems/sites & ranges on one Google map. (See under Tools * GPS System Plotter)

Am I going to be able to update all of my GPS info onto a google map by going to Tool and hitting GPS Plotter? Or will I have to just flat out start over with all new systems and sites to see them on a google map?

cpuerror

Glad to hear that you like the idea. Here is a screenshot in case anyone is curious as to what it looks like:

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 1,112

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
FreeScan Problems

In the Cusom Search Mode I use the following for the 800 band.
851.025 854.0000 Offset 440 Step 25
851.0125 868.9875 Offset 0 Step 25

Everytime I reprogram I have to enter these again because they don't get copied by the program.

This needs to be corrected in the next version.

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't believe custom search works like that - it can't detect rebanded systems outright, AFAIK...best regards..Mike

rwier

Eagerly downloaded this new V2.06, anxious to view my GPS setting on a map. Sadly, I soon realized I needed to use PowerPatrol (HP-1 radio). No map viewer in the latest version (1.0?). What a let-down, lol.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.