Freescan 2.10 Minor bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just upgraded my Freescan build to 2.10 and noticed a minor bug.

I went to download programming and Freescan complained that my scanner wasn't a supported model.

After a few minutes of fiddling, I turned the CC Output from ON to OFF. Freescan was then able to read my BCD396XT just fine.

I don't remember having to do this before.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is how it's been for at least 2 releases. The reasoning is simple, and you've already discovered it - FS will not connect to the scanner with C-Ch on, so it automatically disables it. Not really a bug per se, since FS doesn't and can't use it anyway.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
This is how it's been for at least 2 releases. The reasoning is simple, and you've already discovered it - FS will not connect to the scanner with C-Ch on, so it automatically disables it. Not really a bug per se, since FS doesn't and can't use it anyway.

Mike

Okay thanks Mike. I don't remember having to do this before so it's possible I just happened to turned it off and/or got lucky in just having it off.

SCPD

QRT
As a side note, Unitrunker used to manage turning C-Ch output on/off for you. This required placing the radio in programming mode, changing this one setting, and taking the radio out of programming mode. The problem for me was the radio did not return to it's previous state. The user had to manually intervene to get the radio back to the system they were tracking.

Someday I'd like to get this working properly.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can change this default behavior in FS. Go to Scanner/Setup Scanner Options and use the General tab. It's in the XT Specific area

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.