FreeSCAN 2.17 Out with FreeSCAN for iOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuerror

Generally all you have to do is click on 'Start Server' and use the default settings. The only configuring you have to do is that you might need to make an exception in the firewall to open up the port, and some port forwarding in the router if you want to access your scanner over the internet.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Here is a good location that will help those that are not computer savy per say to forward ports in your router.

Port Forward.com

Just be careful as to what you do when accessing things in your router though, especially when you don't know what or why it is there. One wrong click 'could' make it so you can't access things on the internet and you will then have to factory reset your router. If you follow the guides on that site, you should have no problems.

frazpo

OK

OK, I think we have to reduce a few variables here as far as what exactly his goal is with the iOS app.

- Do you want to listen and control the scanner from outside your home network?
- Do you have a router and do you have access to the interface to forward the port if you need to?
- Do you have Freescan running? Can you control the scanner interface from Freescan at this point?
- Do you have scannercast running for audio?

Can you go to the "run" and type "cmd"
At the prompt type "ipconfig"
This will show you your current ip address of the computer you are on and the gateway address (router)

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It is always good to have instructions, especially those that are as easy to follow as these were. :p

I was having problems making the connection. It was because I was trying to configure my router instead of my computer's firewall. Once I did the firewall I was able to make the connection.

The only problem I have is getting audio out of the iPhone. I couldn't get it either from the speaker or using ear buds. Any ideas on that? Does there have to be a wire from the scanner's headphone jack into the computer's sound card for the audio to be "forwarded"?

I was able to use the app's keypad to turn on and off quick keys as well as L/O, so there is communications back and forth.

If you are open for suggestions, if there is an update in the future, I'd recommend moving the Exit button a little farther away from the Hold and Scan buttons. Guys like me having fat fingers might shut the app down when all we wanted to do was Hold.

Thanks!

cpuerror

The only problem I have is getting audio out of the iPhone. I couldn't get it either from the speaker or using ear buds. Any ideas on that? Does there have to be a wire from the scanner's headphone jack into the computer's sound card for the audio to be "forwarded"?

Yes, you need to connect a cable from the output of the scanner to the sound card input. Some people skip this step and use the built in mic on the machine, and simply turn up the scanner's speaker, which works but you will also be broadcasting everything else the mic picks up.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you need to connect a cable from the output of the scanner to the sound card input. Some people skip this step and use the built in mic on the machine, and simply turn up the scanner's speaker, which works but you will also be broadcasting everything else the mic picks up.

Well, getting closer. I hear the scanner's audio on my computer's speakers, but still nothing on the app?

What should I check next?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.