FreeSCAN 2.17 Out with FreeSCAN for iOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I got ScannerCast installed and running (at least the Status says it is running), but I'm still not hearing audion on my iPhone (got it on computer speakers okay).

On the Config tab, I left the server port at the default of 5700, which is different than the FreeScan port. Does that matter?

Also, I'm a little lost on the Icecast tab. I clicked the Send Stream to Icecast box, but left the target server, Port Numbers, Mount Port and password blank. If some values are needed there, I haven't got an idea which to use.

All help is appreciated!

frazpo

I got ScannerCast installed and running (at least the Status says it is running), but I'm still not hearing audion on my iPhone (got it on computer speakers okay).

On the Config tab, I left the server port at the default of 5700, which is different than the FreeScan port. Does that matter?

Also, I'm a little lost on the Icecast tab. I clicked the Send Stream to Icecast box, but left the target server, Port Numbers, Mount Port and password blank. If some values are needed there, I haven't got an idea which to use.

All help is appreciated!

Did you specify your audio port # in the iOS app? It does need to be the same as the scanner cast port #

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'll try that. The IOS shows an audio port of 8000, but on the config tab of ScannerCast it had 5700 for the Server Port. So I guess I'll try either 5700 on both or 8000 and see if I have any luck.

Got the fingers crossed.

frazpo

if it doesn't feed audio at first disconnect and try again. Mine will sometimes not connect first time.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, that was it, by George! Setting the 5700 on ScannerCast and on the IOS did the trick.

But my luck is running true - get one thing fixed and something else acts up.

I started to get the audio, but then seemed to lose keypad functionality. For example, I could press 6 for System Quick Key 6, but it didn't enable that on the scanner, though it had been when no audio was being received.

And luck continues - I was using a 396XT on batteries and they are out of juice. So some re-charging is in order and more tinkering tomorrow.

But I am definitely getting to the finish line, so that's good!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for a scanner, computer, software and mediocre computer operator.

Got things fired up this morning and all is well!

I suppose this may be a normal thing, but I thought I'd ask. The audio coming from the iPhone doesn't sync up with the channel displayed on the iPhone.

I suspect this is probably due to processing time for audio going from the scanner, to the computer, to the network and eventually to the iPhone. A lag was something we had to get used to when our fire department migrated from analog to digital radios. So I could understand why this might be happening with the FreeScan/ScannerCast/iPhone combination.

In any event, this is still a great app

frazpo

I suppose this may be a normal thing, but I thought I'd ask. The audio coming from the iPhone doesn't sync up with the channel displayed on the iPhone.

Yes I am experiencing the same problem. It is not worth having the display if it is lagging 5-7 seconds.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
My FreeScan iOS was working perfectly until Tuesday night. Now it just says connecting... I haven't changed anything so what's the problem? Any thoughts?

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
I've restarted my computer and the app to no avail! I've also tried to reconfigure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cpuerror

It may be that your IP address has changed, either on the router or the local machine. For example, if your router is set to forward traffic to 192.168.1.5 your computer's IP address might have changed to 192.168.1.9 due to DHCP. You should go through the PDF tutorial on the FS for iOS page and confirm everything.

califmusicman

You are not the only one having problems with this stuff. I installed Freescan software and got server working without errors but was unable to get the iOS app working on my iphone or my iPad2. Opened port 1300 (port forwarding and opened firewall) and opened program as administrator but still the iOS app couldn't find the server connection. Windows 7 maybe doesn't support the software/server connection. The IP address that came up on the server connection on Freescan was the same IP address I used in the app. I also tried other variations without success. When I have more time I may retry but was a bit disappointed it didn't work after buying the iOS app.

cpuerror

There are tons of people who are using it on Windows 7 without problem. It's important to follow he PDF tutorial step-by-step and it will work. You may have other firewall software installed other than the Windows default one that is blocking the connection.
You can verify the server is working by opening up the browser and going to RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference. It should say "No access". If it does and the firewall is configured properly, the client will connect.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
Is there an android app?

if there is where can i get it... if not is anyone working on one?

Status
Not open for further replies.