Freescan 396xt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I am using Freescan updated one and using 396xt I am not sure what all these general options are under trunking systems

Under General Options

Use Motorola Status Bit (recommended off)?
Use Motorola End Code? (I guess the system ID)
Use Digital Motorola End Code?

I Checked the Status Bit nothing shows up (I went unchecked it nothing happens)
I Checked the Use End Code nothing shows up
I Checked the Digital Motorola End Code nothing shows up

I had the psr500 for trunking I was able to see what LCN numbers are but the 396xt doesn't show nothing

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're mixing apples and oranges here, and coming up with grapefruits. None of the things you mention have to do with tracking LCNs -- these are only used by EDACS and LTR systems, yet all of those options you mention are for Motorola systems.

Let's start with what system you are tracking - go to the blue toolbar under the site title left and float your mouse over Database Use the pulldowns to get to your system - let's see what you are trying to work with. I'm unsure whether the 396XT can show LCNs per se, although it seems you could use a channel number tag to fill that purpose - and Freescan can handle that.

best regards..Mike

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I am scanning Jacksonville FL F/R 800 system and it shows system id (on the psr500 showed the System Connect tone ex.. 105.88) I do follow FL Power & Light Edacs (when I had the psr500 I showed the CC01 CC02 etc.. that is how I got that system LCN order). In my town we don't have any 800 systems just vhf/uhf/ltr

Status
Not open for further replies.