Freescan and 396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subliminal87

So I'm playing around with my 396xt. I have it connected to freescan. Set up virtual control. So I can log and record. I have the stero cable plugged into the headphone jack and the microphone jack on my PC.

It shows up in the recording setup. It shows up in windows and I can right click it in the windows options and listen to it through the PC speakers. It shows as recording and it makes the files. But when I play them back, it's silent. But shows for the exact seconds it recorded for.

Subliminal87

Well, do you have the applicable Tape Out/Rec Out selections made for the things you want to record?

Where would those settings be at exactly? I did the exact same things I did when I had my BCT 15X and hosted a live feed. So I must have missed something.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually it's a 2 step process. You must select the frequencies or talkgroups you want to record AND make sure the TAPE OUT box is set on the Conventional Systems form (if you're recording frequencies) or the Trunked System Setup form (if you're recording talkgroups).

Depending on your screen resolution you may need to slide your display all the way to the right - make sure that the SIMPLE VIEW box (right below the group name) is NOT checked.

Mike

Subliminal87

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.